[WotD] Chapter One OOC

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Cronono
Cronono's picture
[WotD] Chapter One OOC

OOC Discussion about Chapter One goes here.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Are elves tall in this edition?

Cronono
Cronono's picture

From 5 feet to over 6 feet tall. Similar language for humans.

Cronono
Cronono's picture

Once folks step onto the road to civilization described in the IC post, we will consider sheets locked.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

What spells did you recommend? I'm taking those.

Cronono
Cronono's picture

Did you want combatty spells or utility spells? Eldrich blast alone is top tier combat, but you may want other stuff to support it.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Cantrips - Eldritch Blast, Prestidigitation; 1st level Charm Person, Comprehend Languages.

Cronono
Cronono's picture

Sounds good. Have you guys figured out if you're going to speak with Dyrakus or if you're going to set out?

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Caleb wouldn't be opposed to hearing the tiefling's side of the story before we leave town.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Let's do it. I gotta know why he paid for sonething he didn't receive.

Dafyd
Dafyd's picture

Charn attempts a History check to get a better sense about what the drow is going on about the history of the place.

I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 2, 3 = 5.
Cronono
Cronono's picture

From his knowledge of history, Charn knows that the Outpost is built on the ruin of Castle Vuzuvaan. Most other people know that because when they walk around, they see just under half of a castle. Charn also knows that Castle Vuzuvaan is on the very outskirts of the Empire. Most other people know that because they came from the Empire and it took a really long time to get out to the frontier.

Cronono
Cronono's picture

Alrighty. If anyone wants to talk to anyone or do anything else at the Outpost, let me know. If we're not doing anything else by tomorrow morning I'll advance us to the road.

Cronono
Cronono's picture

Rolls

Rolls
I rolled 1d20, the result is 12 = 12.
I rolled 1d20, the result is 19 = 19.
I rolled 1d20, the result is 6 = 6.
I rolled 1d20, the result is 9 = 9.
I rolled 1d20, the result is 20 = 20.
I rolled 1d20, the result is 15 = 15.
I rolled 1d20, the result is 13 = 13.
I rolled 1d20, the result is 13 = 13.
Cronono
Cronono's picture

More rolls.

I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 9, 2 = 11.
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 7, 1 = 8.
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 8, 4 = 12.
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 13, 1 = 14.
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 6, 2 = 8.
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 17, 5 = 22.
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 15, 2 = 17.
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 12, 4 = 16.
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 12, 4 = 16.
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 18, 3 = 21.
Cronono
Cronono's picture

The safest option for the living would be to cut the rope from the ground. Cutting a rope with an arrow or an axe would be extremely difficult, though possible. A better option would be a magical strike, such as an eldritch blast or an enchanted blade. A magic stone spell probably wouldn't work due to the blunt nature of the stone. A magic stone spell could work if you struck the actual tree branch, but that could bring down much more than you bargained for.

The safest option for the deceased would be to climb the tree, then gently lower the body to the ground.

Cronono
Cronono's picture

The tree itself is quite leafy, but the branches look strong and sturdy. An adequate Nature(Intelligence) check or a great Perception(Wisdom) check would be helpful in assessing whether or not there is a vantage point in the tree that would give a view of the surrounding environs.

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

I'll check it out.

Perception (untrained)
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 5, 3 = 8.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Cronono
Cronono's picture

Caleb is quite confident the tree has branches.