Into The Depths - OOC

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture
Into The Depths - OOC

If you guys still want to purchase stuff before continuing with what has been presented IC, now is the time.

Edited by: Board Rider on 06/28/2017 - 18:29
Talanall
Talanall's picture

Alchemist's fire x5, please.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

As a side note, if you're starting a new thread, it's a good idea to say something about it in the thread you are ending, for the benefit of those of us who use e-mail subscription to track what's going on. I didn't ask for this before because I didn't notice that this thread existed. :P

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Noted. That's a good point. Posted and locked the thread.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what extra gear I should/might like to grab for No One? I am open to anything.

I also don't mind being a pack mule if it comes to it.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

The five flasks of alchemist's fire, above, was intended as extra gear from the 250 gp we received as an advance. The purchase is responsive to the In Character jive about "make sure to bring fire." I was figuring we'd have each party member carry one.

Dookie has a lantern and enough oil to keep it burning for 12 hours. I think Wrench has a torch, and No One is carrying a sunrod. Nobody in this party has darkvision, so that's a pretty sparse complement of light sources to my way of thinking. For 110 gp, we can get an everburning torch. I think we should do so. Fighting in the dark SUCKS.

Finally, three party members need to eat. Dookie has ten days' worth of rations on her. Swarbrick and Margana do not have any food on them, that I can see. So if Dookie shares, we can survive for three days. For a gold piece each, that can be fixed (trail rations cost 1 sp/day). It would be nice to think that this whole thing will go smoothly and we'll only be sleeping overnight, if that long. But if it doesn't, food will become a problem pretty quickly.

On a similar note, Swarbrick and Margana are without a supply of water. Dookie has a waterskin, which holds sufficient fluids for her own daily needs. She also is capable of creating more water with a 0th-level spell. But it wouldn't hurt to have a couple more waterskins filled with potable water, in case she is killed or they get lost.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I am definitely down for a light source and more water/food. If we can swing it that has my vote.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Yeah - those are all good choices, especially if someone else is willing to carry them. I'm down for all of that.

Darker

Agreed on all points. Though Swarbrick would also like to point out that they should get a bottle or two of high proof alcohol, as it will take up less room than wine or beer and it'll be able to double as a way to purify drink or set things on fire.

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

I'll take a Search check from anyone who wants to look through the piles of trash. Diplomacy or Intimidate check too. However, it's either or and only the PC with the highest modifier can roll either check. No aid another here.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Dook, dook.

Search
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 8, 3 = 11.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

I'm pretty sure I don't have the highest modifier for any of those.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

I think the Search check is open to everyone.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Search is for everyone. The Diplomacy roll or Intimidate roll is for the interaction. Vicks has the highest Diplomacy modifier i believe.

Darker

Well, here goes nothing. Here's a search and a diplomacy.

I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 1, 6 = 7.
I rolled 1d20+6, the result is 11, 6 = 17.
MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Wrench is preoccupied with keeping an eye out for overly aggressive hobos so he will not be making a Search check.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Rolling a search for Drum since he seems to be posting less and less. Darker, you're up. Let Vicks shine.

No One Search
I rolled 1d20+5, the result is 8, 5 = 13.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

If you had LINE you could send me a pm and a kawaii sticker when I need to roll something.

On average the archives update far less frequently than I am used to, so I don't check it every day.

Darker

Question -- maybe I missed it. Did we wait until we got the goblinoid swap meet to buy the before mentioned supplies or did we take care of that OOC as we walked? Because I'm pretty sure we would have made essential, non-secondhand purchases of things like rations before we went down here.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Search 1d20+3 (Untrained)

Margana Finds Things:
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 9, 3 = 12.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

I assumed that stuff was purchased OOC. Specifically, alchemists fire. But if you need or want to buy something you can purchase it.

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

drumandfight wrote:

If you had LINE you could send me a pm and a kawaii sticker when I need to roll something.

On average the archives update far less frequently than I am used to, so I don't check it every day.


I have it...I will Line you in the future. Any other requests to make your game experience easier? :)
MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

The verbage in the description for repair light damage refers to transmuting a construct's physical structure. I would assume the damaged warforged's missing arm is beyond my capabilities, since performing a similar feat for a living creature would fall under the purview of a spell like regeneration.

But could I use infusions for the damage to its face?

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Wrench is confident that a repair light damage would certainly repair the cosmetic issues not only to the face of the warforged but probably to other areas as well. Wrench only saw a brief glimpse of the warforged so it would be difficult to know what, if any, further repairs could be gained. But Wrench would know, like you're correctly assuming, that he would not be able to give the warforged his/her arm back. 

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

OK. I have three 1st level infusions per day. For the sake of expedience I'll go ahead and roll for each of those now; with the understanding that I will stop after the first or second casting of repair light damage if it looks like I can't improve on the results any further.

Repair light damage (x3)
I rolled 1d8+1, the result is 3, 1 = 4.
I rolled 1d8+1, the result is 3, 1 = 4.
I rolled 1d8+1, the result is 3, 1 = 4.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Okay. Well, Wrench is going to have to go after the warforged. Not far, but the pack is going to be separated by 30 feet or so. Is the plan to just walk up to the warforged and begin casting? Talk to it first?

Does anyone want to go with Wrench?

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Oh, all right. I thought it was closer. I think #1 is coming with me, because he pointed the other Warforged out to me in the first place.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I did not realize how far away the warforged was when I initially posted, but I had assumed it was close enough to walk to. My assumption was that No One walked over/toward the other warforged before getting Wrench's attention.

No One will be there when the magic goes down.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

What kind of test could I roll to realize that the little girl is about to hand me an IED?

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Wrench doesn't really like children so he does his best to ignore the girl. As soon as #1 lends a hand with the patient, he will begin casting his infusions. My thinking here is that, being blind, deaf and dumb, the other Warforged may be unaware not only of my presence but my intentions, and at least at first we may have to restrain it in order to heal it.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

This doll is about to fuck my shit up. Mark my words.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Checking bonus post roll

That's a modified 15 (+1)

Margana
I rolled 1d20, the result is 14 = 14.
Talanall
Talanall's picture

Dook, dook.

I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 5, 3 = 8.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Darker

Wouldn't see the hand in front of his face.

I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 6, 1 = 7.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Spot untrained +2 wisdom

SPOT SHIT
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 7, 2 = 9.
MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Untrained for me, as well. In the meantime, Wrench will give the Warforged another once-over; if it looks like it would benefit from further applications of the infusion, he will expend the second and then the third use of repair light wounds. Just let me know when he thinks he's done all he can with limited resources.

Spot (untrained)
I rolled 1d20, the result is 18 = 18.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

PMs sent to everyone. I'll wait to see if there are responses.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

I did not receive a PM.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Well.....everyone who spotted something. I would send you a message like I send to Jeff but I am not sure if you woukd like that or if I am ready for our relationship to progress to that level.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

My wife wouldn't understand.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

They rarely do.

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

I'll take a spot check from everyone. Presumably, you will follow Skakan. I need a marching order as well.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Spot check.

I propose No One, Dookie, Margana, Swarbrick, Wrench as our marching order. The details don't matter, but it's best if we keep One at the front and Margana somewhere in the middle.

I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 17, 3 = 20.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

No objections to the marching order.

Margana spot

Spot
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 2, 1 = 3.
MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Spot

Spot (untrained)
I rolled 1d20, the result is 17 = 17.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Darker

Swarbrick is ok with the order

I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 11, 1 = 12.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Marching order sounds good, but No One doesn't want to leave the wall-fister behind.

Spot incoming.

Spot
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 5, 2 = 7.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

So what is the plan? There is a need for light. Secondly, how exactly does Wrench and No One want to deal with a disabled warforged that, quite possibly, doesn't want to travel further into the sewer? Are the two warforged looking to get into the kidnap for the sake of pity game?

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

There is no indication thus far it can even hear or understand what we're saying. Assuming it can and consents, Wrench will offer his arm to help guide it wherever we go.

He is not interested in trying to subdue something that can punch through walls (he is much more narrow than a wall). And assuming we could subdue it, he also doesn't care for the prospect of dragging several hundred pounds of dead weight behind him.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

No One is operating under the logic that a warforged would know when it was in the presence of others of its kind based on factors other than sight or hearing - touch comes to mind. If it doesn't want to go with them, then he has no intention of forcing it. He is assuming it would rather be with warforged and those who attempted to heal it than sitting on a street in ratfuckville rusting.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

No One and Wrench are seriously going to offer to drag this warforged, blind and possibly deaf, along with us on an expedition into a sewer that is undoubtedly full of shit that wants to kill and eat us?

Warforged philanthropy sounds horrible.

Board Rider: As soon as we need light, Dookie will bring out the everburning torch we bought with some of our advance money. She'll also ready her shield at that point.

For an extra gold piece, can we have the torch be based on a crowbar instead of a wooden stick? The torch was created by casting continual flame, and that works the same whether you cast it on a stick, a pebble, or an iron bar.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Pages

Topic locked