This thread is where the Archive will announce upcoming/recently completed maintenance and upgrades. This is NOT the place to ask for changes to how the site works. Questions about pending or completed changes are fine, but if you want the site's functionality extended, start a new thread in this same sub-forum, and explain what you want, why you want it, and how badly you need it.
Updates and Upgrades, April 24, 2016
Overdue maintenance cycle. Upgraded from Drupal version 7.22, to newest available version of Drupal 7, and added functionality to the site.
- Critical security fixes to the site
- Updates to many add-on modules operating on the site.
Lost "reply with quote" feature on forums due to minor layout changes in the forum module and the quote module. Longer term, I will seek to reinstate this functionality, since it is nice to have. This is now fixed.
- Updated die roller to engage bugfixes, and also to eliminate the need for a patch on the previous version. From a user standpoint, this is probably invisible.
- Favicons added, per a request from Arkenian. There should now be an icon on browser tabs to make it easier for those of you who keep 20 or 30 of them open all the time to figure out which ones are for the Archive.
- Added a username tagging feature, per requests from Fixxxer and MinusInnocence. If you put a user's name between pair of @ signs in front of it thus: (@ Talanall ), except without the spaces, the site converts it to a link to the user's profile page (@Talanall), and also sends that user an e-mail notification with a URL that will take him or her directly to your comment.
- Implemented SMTP mail service for the site's e-mail messaging, with SSL baked in to encrypt e-mails during transmission. E-mail from the Archive is now fully secured.