November 2013, Design A Horrible... (Questions)

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture
November 2013, Design A Horrible... (Questions)

This thread is intended for questions, answers, smack talk and base jokes about people's mothers, heritage and sexual preference.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

I wanted to say something about your mother, but the sad truth is that she's a hottie. Likely to win any 'hottest Mom's of the D&D Archive' competition. You can tell her I said so. Though if anyone has a mother they think is hotter than Fixxx's, post it in the picture thread.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

No. I will not allow it. You are absolutely right, DDMW. I would LOVE to intercourse Fixxxer`s gorgeous mother again.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

I'm sure she'll be down for it once you get out of the hospital and finish your physical therapy. She's sorry about all that, by the way. She can be a little... feisty.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I. Regret. Nothing.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Nobody? We're halfway through the duration. You guys suck.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

I do suck. Hard, lately. But mostly I'm easily distracted. I'm going to throw down. I think. Just got to avoid getting pulled away before I write my awesome!

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I ASKED A QUESTION THAT NEVER WAS ANSWERED. YOU DID THIS.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

He was ignoring you and hoping you'd go away.

I have something cooking up.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Darker

I has something as well. Here be a short teaser.

There’s talk about a creature from a chain of fishing villages that rips off the faces of its victims and wears the stolen flesh as a mask to disguises itself so it can walk among the living. The local legend among the people is that the creature is the unliving remnants of a long dead aristocrat that used to rule over the region. It is believed the once living Lady was a witch, who in her waning years became so envious of the beauty of youth that she removed the the faces of her handmaidens and used them in dark rituals to make herself young again. The creature is known by many names, but the most common whispers refer to her as The Green Lady, The Lady of Envy, or simply, The Face Stealer.

Darker

I has something as well. Here be a short teaser.

There’s talk about a creature from a chain of fishing villages that rips off the faces of its victims and wears the stolen flesh as a mask to disguises itself so it can walk among the living. The local legend among the people is that the creature is the unliving remnants of a long dead aristocrat that used to rule over the region. It is believed the once living Lady was a witch, who in her waning years became so envious of the beauty of youth that she removed the the faces of her handmaidens and used them in dark rituals to make herself young again. The creature is known by many names, but the most common whispers refer to her as The Green Lady, The Lady of Envy, or simply, The Face Stealer.

Darker

Stylistic question - should a unique creature be written as an NPC format, or creature format? Or should we be using the standard NPC block for creatures anyway, unique or not?

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

I had a dream last night that Ed swooped in and stole my idea for this competition. So, yeah, I'm totally going to get started on that tonight.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Talanall
Talanall's picture

It's possible that I have, but not probable.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Darker, I'm gonna go with the creature stat block format. If it's a new monster or a new race, I figure the Monster Manual format is probably most appropriate.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Looks like I'm going to miss the deadline. I decided to try the "go big or go home" approach, and . . . well. Stuff got busy on me. I'm VERY close to being done, but realistically I am unlikely to complete my entry by midnight.

I'll still post it, because it's a full-scale update to the Tolrea setting. But I'll be late.

Darker

Woo! I had the same approach and only got to post about 1/3 of my total entry.... but I figured something was better than nothing.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

That tactic seems to have paid off, Darker. I'll be reading your entry in the next day or two, but there's no reason not to go ahead and point out that you're the winner of this competition.

Crimison
Crimison's picture

I wish I had free time to design a thing for this. :< It seems like it would have been a lot of fun to do some research and story telling.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

It would have been.

*gives you the evil eye of judgement*

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

I remember having an idea for something wicked, but for some reason I spent basically the entire month thinking about Fixxxer's mom - to the exclusion of everything else.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

It's sad she doesn't even remember your name.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

She has mine tattooed on the hand she uses to beat the shit out of me mid-coitus with.

I fucking LOVE that woman.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

This made me laugh out loud suddenly enough to startle the cat.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

You know how I feel about that cat, and I am pleased that it was startled. I hope you gave it a proper fright.