Holy shit, let's get out of here! (OOC)

568 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture
Holy shit, let's get out of here! (OOC)

Alright, so to review Darker and DDMW are in favor of breaking out a window and trying to rappel down the building using a bed sheet rope. Talanall and drumandfight are in favor of quietly trying for the stairwells. Crimison likes both ideas, but thinks that the stairwell will ultimately be easier. Fixxxer hasn't voiced an opinion. Thankfully, neither have Didge or the two con-goers that broke in last night.

I believe the last question I posed before the site suddenly changed (get used to it, Jeff... we have a die roller now!) over was in regards to whether anyone was planning on not making for the stairs with the group and whether you were going to break out the window for a look-see before leaving. Thoughts?

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

With the two hours that Tal was on the phone, that should have given us plenty of time to bust open the window. Which I totally would have done. Otherwise I'd have nothing to do to keep myself occupied - and we all know what happens then - Jeff will take it as excuse to *deleted since I'm at work* to 'pass the time'. No thanks. Window open. Yes.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Fair enough. But since this is the first time that doing it concurrent to Talanall's actions has been mentioned, I'm going to assume that you spent the majority of the time inspecting the window and trying less noisy options, saving the actual breaking for when he was pretty much done out of... I dunno, politeness or something. I need a Spot check from DDMW.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Pretty sure it's +0.

Spot
I rolled 1d20, the result is 17 = 17.
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

PM to DDMW

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Alright, does anyone have anything they want to do before I move the game forward by having you (hopefully) leave the hotel room? As well, which direction are you heading, what's the general plan for doing so and are you taking any special precautions?

Talanall
Talanall's picture

We're going to look out the door first, and see if there are any uglies wandering around in the hall. If none are immediately visible, then I'll ease out and look both ways down the hall, and see which direction is clear(er). If this hotel is anything like most nice ones, there will be some drinking glasses around the room, made of actual glass. If we've got only one or two uglies to deal with outside, throwing them might get us a distraction sufficient to cover a quick skulk over to the stairway.

You have not situated us on a specific side of the building. So I guess we're on the south side, near the middle.

Although I would find it preferable to go west, towards the elevator/stair cluster that empties nearest the front doors of the hotel (and hence, closer to both the exit and the garage where most of us have parked our cars), I'll go down the east stairway if that way is clear and the west is not.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

I assumed you'd want to stay ow so as not to expose yourself to either a viewer on the other side of the atrium or an errant shot from Fixxxer if things so tits-up. As a result, my IC description of what Talanall sees does not include anything on the hallways across the atrium, as the wall that's giving him cover is blocking that view from him.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

You assume quite correctly.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Last call. Anyone have any objections to leaving the room, have anything they want to add to the plan or have any other questions or concerns before moving forward IC? Last chance.

Darker

Nope, following behind, weapon ready to shoot an ugly in the face.

Crimison
Crimison's picture

G2g lets get out of here.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Alright, let's have a Move Silently check from everyone please.

Crimison
Crimison's picture

I don't have it in class so I'll just roll a d20 +0?

I rolled 1d20, the result is 4 = 4.
Talanall
Talanall's picture

Crim: That's right, because you don't have a Dex modifier.

Move Silently
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 4, 1 = 5.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Sneak, sneak, sneak.

Sneak, Sneak, Sneak
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 10, 0 = 10.
Darker

Sneaky

I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 6, 2 = 8.
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

We've been waiting on you, drumandfight.

Move Silently for D&F
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 17, 1 = 18.
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

For the sake of completeness...

Move Silently for Fixxxer
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 7, 3 = 10.
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Let's get initiative checks from everyone.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Well, maybe this time I won't suck.

Initiative
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 9, 1 = 10.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Crimison
Crimison's picture

Stupid loud doors.

I rolled 1d20, the result is 8 = 8.
deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Initiative

Initiative
I rolled 1d20+0, the result is 15, 0 = 15.
Darker

Initiative

I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 8, 2 = 10.
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Initiative for D&F, Fixxxer and E1, respectively.

EDIT: Interesting. Multiple rolls separated by commas didn't work. Lemmie try it with semicolons. If that doesn't work, I'll just roll each one in its own post.

EDIT 2: Yep, that did it.

I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 12, 1 = 13.
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 7, 1 = 8.
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 4, 4 = 8.
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

I'm still looking for a stat block in the new Character Management thread from Darker and drumandfight.

The initiative count breaks down like so:

deadDMwalking - 15
drumandfight - 13
Darker - 10A
Talanall - 10B
E1 - 8A
Fixxxer - 8B
Crimison - 8C

So, let's get an action from DDMW. And D&F, if he's still around.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

I'm going to delay until after Edward. It looks like we could possibly make the stairs, and I don't want to move into the line of fire for firearms (again).

Darker

Does E1 have any cover right now?

If so, I'll ready an action until he comes around the corner fully. Either way, head shot. After firing, I'll move to the back beside Brett to let Matt get an unblocked line of sight on the ugly as well.

I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 8, 3 = 11.
I rolled 2d6, the result is 1, 5 = 6.
Darker

Flat footed, that might hit. If he has cover and I had to wait for him to move, I'll use an action point.

Action Point
I rolled 1d6, the result is 1 = 1.
Talanall
Talanall's picture

I was under the impression that Jeff and Matt both had their pistols back, now.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Darker

Then you were under the wrong impression. After holding it a brief moment, Jeff gave the gun back to me and armed himself with his brass knuckles.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Oh, cool. I think he actually does more damage with those than with the pistol.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Fucking KC. First day shit.

And I definitely do. I am back, fellas. Let's do this shit.

EDIT: Is the stairway we are heading towards behind E1 or in the opposite direction? I can't access the map right now.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Behind. There is another in the opposite direction, however.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Can we back towards the other stairwell without being seen? If that is a possibility I want to silently do that.

If there's no way we can sneak away, I'm going after this fucker. We gotta be silent.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Unless you take the initiative by suggesting something like, "Let's back away if we can instead of fighting," it's really a moot point. Darker will open fire, and then our presence will not be a secret to anyone.

I would, but by the time I get to act, it will be too late.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Darker

You think we should have talked about being ultra quiet and not shooting? To be honest, I'm not a moron, but if I thought the game plan was to shoot the fuckers before they come bite one of us, I'm going with it. One bite = horrid death. We can always run back in the room, right?

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Sorry about my absence, but Jeff would have DEFINITELY mentioned not giving away our position to thousands of zombies in the event we spot one solitary zombie, and he fucking definitely would have fucking made sure, fucking Darker fucking knew that before handing him over fucking Milla.

So, Jeff will make a motion to Darker to chill out and for the entire group to back away as quietly as possible. In the event that the bad guy spots us.

Darker

Darker chills. But if the ugly charges him and will be able to melee him, still readies an action to face shoot him 10 ft away.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Alright, so what I've got thus far is this:

DDMW is going to delay until initiative 10C.

Drumandfight is going to silently "tell that bitch to be cool, say bitch be cool, say bitch be cool! Tell that fuckin bitch to chill! Chill that fuckin bitch out!"

Darker is going to ready an action to fire at 10 feet if the wacko with the severed arm makes a play.

Do I have that right? If so, can I get an action for Talanall? There's honestly not a lot of interest to say IC thus far otherwise.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Very softly, Talanall will whisper, "Don't shoot. You'll bring them all down on us. If he charges, we dog pile onto him and beat him to death."

Readied action: lethal unarmed attack against enemy if he gets into melee range.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Crimison
Crimison's picture

Matt: "bretts action?"

Darker

Ok, so given the "plan", I no longer shoot the fucker in the face. I'll delay until after E1 goes.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

You know, this was probably Matt's screening test for who he'd be willing to survive a Zombie Apocalypse with. We probably all lost for not being willing to sacrifice him for the good of the group. You know how practical he can be when survival is at stake.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Who says I'm unwilling? If I am going to sacrifice him for my own survival, however, I'm going to do it in a way that really matters. I would not leave him to die alone, but I would totally leave him to die screaming in agony as a distraction.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Awwww, I love you too, Ed.

So... Brett's action, then?

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

I'll silently pray that the Zed fails to notice us. I'll ready that if he gets close I'll step into him (5ft. Step) and deliver a crushing blow to his skull.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

...

Talanall readied attack
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 14, 1 = 15.
I rolled 1d4, the result is 3 = 3.
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

...

E1's Attack
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 17, 2 = 19.
I rolled 1d4+7, the result is 4, 7 = 11.
Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

I'm gonna need a Fortitude save from Talanall. Massive damage is a bitch.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Indeed, a heartless bitch.

EDIT: My Fort save bonus is +1. Not that it matters. *giggles* Make sure my death is horrific, please.

I rolled 1d20, the result is 9 = 9.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Pages