Public Service (OOC)

219 posts / 0 new
Last post
deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Must of been how he planned to escape. Obviously.

Bluff
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 4, 4 = 8.
deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Eh, I'm not worried about it.

Obsidian_Spoon
Obsidian_Spoon's picture

Do we even know if this is the right smuggler?

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Without getting into a long, convoluted discussion about epistemology, I think we can at least say that Voitto was pretty explicit that he wanted you to prevent the warehouse's manager (who apparently is the ringleader of this supposed smuggling operation that's running in the basement of the warehouse) from escaping.

This guy may or may not be management material. In fact, he looks like a common thug—working-class clothes, a studded leather jerkin, visibly armed, etc. But then again, he's a smuggler. So maybe the dress code is looser. Anyway, he was definitely escaping. If he's not a manager, then maybe that's a problem for the Satrap's Guard. You made (or at least, you are making) sure he didn't get away, and he's alive. If he isn't the warehouse manager, then probably the warehouse manager is still in the warehouse, getting beaten around the face and neck by the Satrap's Guards. If he is the warehouse manager, then mission accomplished. Partially, anyway.

I say "partially" because Voitto also was pretty clear about this thing where he wanted it to look like you were just concerned citizens who were in the right place at the right time. It was important enough to him that he talked about it specifically, and made you come up with a cover story.

He also made Cragar repeat what was supposed to happen (see here: https://www.dndarchive.com/comment/33158#comment-33158) to make sure everyone understood it.

One of the salient points was that you were supposed to make this look totally innocent, like you were upstanding citizens who pitched in to assist the authorities when crime interrupted your lawful business in the vicinity.

Anyway, I think Cragar's going to delay again this round. What's Gruum doing?

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Darker

It's a good thing we went over it so many times, because Gruum's first instinct was to club the guard.

Gruum turns to face the guard, "We's-a-just mindin' our own business and this guy comes a-runnin' through the alley like he's up to no good. Don't know these other fella's but it looks like just a group of concerned citizen's is all." Gruum nods toward the fleeing man, "You lookin' for this guy? Want me to help make sure he don't try to pull nothing and comes on quiet like with you? Always glad to do my civic duty and all." Gruum does his best to look like the upstanding citizen that he is not.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Could you roll a Bluff check, please, Darker?

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Darker

Well, he's not really lying -- they are just trying to help apprehend this guy.

bluff
I rolled 1d20, the result is 5 = 5.
deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

People believe what they want to believe. Even if he KNOWS we're lying, there's so much more paperwork and less promotion if he doesn't just haul this guy in.

Obsidian_Spoon
Obsidian_Spoon's picture

Faust looks at the guard plainly and says, "This man came running fast as he could down the alley way. We heard the guards' whistles. I was standing here, and seemed the least I could do was help the guard catch him. I haven't hurt him in any way." Faust holds his hands out to his sides to show he isn't even carrying a weapon.

Since all of that is true, I don't think I need a bluff check.

Cronono
Cronono's picture

I have returned. You probably didn't notice because Cragar didn't say anything.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

I don't need any further rolls for Gravington, but it's his turn. If he wants to talk his way out of this, he'll need to keep talking. If he can come up with something that's especially plausible or compelling, then that may afford him a bonus on his otherwise less than stellar Bluff check.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Let's make the situation worse!

Gravington uses psionic charm.

"You are a most discerning and intelligent officer. It was unwise of me to try to mislead you. The real truth is that we were advised of your operation and wanted to see the action go down. We weren't trying to get in your way, but things went sideways. Fortunately you were quick enough to salvage this operation."

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Roll.

I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 9, 1 = 10.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Fricka is up.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Fricka continues to move in the direction of the leather warehouse. The others convincing the guard not to arrest them aside, we did (-ish) what we came to do. She's gonna get down and get gone.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Is she going for speed, or stealth?

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Stealth, please. Move Silently roll attached, if it's required.

Move Silently
I rolled 1d20, the result is 3 = 3.
Talanall
Talanall's picture

Rolls

Listen, with distance penalties
I rolled 1d20-7, the result is 7, -7 = 0.
I rolled 1d20-2, the result is 20, -2 = 18.
I rolled 1d20-1, the result is 2, -1 = 1.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Pages