Chapter 2: I love the smell of napalm in the morning (OOC)

236 posts / 0 new
Last post
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Apologies guys, just moved back to America and had a vacation the past 4 days with friends. I am ready to go now and will update either later tonight or tomorrow.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Fuck yeah! Good to see you back, Nik. And damn good acquisition. I just got back from a month Stateside; I needed that.

Finally back in the Land of the Rising Sun and ready to put the zip in my skip regarding these games. Sorry, Heath. I'll never leave you again, buddy.

IC: Fulrik roars and fires another Frag missile at the cowering curr before him. "Eagle, take the high ground and take command the Hellhound if necessary!" He bellows as Kiwi burns his thrusters and tears off after receiving another brutal blow. "This Wolf still needs to hunt." As much as Fulrik would bolster and taunt Mac for having to retreat, he did not want to see his comrade die at the hands of these worthless brutes.

OOC: Frag missile vs. Ork A; BS 55 +10(range) +10(Oath) +10(Red Dot) +10(Aim); <95; Hit w/ 3 DoS.
Damage: 2d10+2, pen 4, blast (5); Body: 11 - fuck I don't think that is enough to hurt the Alpha. Fuckers are tough. Fuckers.

Attack <95
I rolled 1d100, the result is 67 = 67.
Damage
I rolled 2d10+2, the result is 7, 2, 2 = 11.
sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

That brings a tear to my eye

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Shhhh... just let this happen.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I think Fulrik's attack will deal 1 damage to Alpha A.

The fire from Mac's flamer will dampen Alpha J for a bit, giving Nik enough time to retreat in the following round.

That should end Round 4. I will update the IC now.

Edit: Kal'vek did 10 (arm), 7 (arm), and 9 (body) to Alpha E, since I wasn't given who he was firing at and assumed it would be the same target. This results in 4 critical explosive damage to Alpha E's body after True Grit.

Effect: The explosion sends the target sprawling to the ground. He takes 1d5 levels of Fatigue, is stunned for 1 Round, and must spend a full-action to regain his feet. This will change his action, which he failed anyway, to that.

Fatigue for Alpha E
I rolled 1d5, the result is 4 = 4.
Nikello
Nikello's picture

Following Fulrik's advice, Mac is going to leap to the Hellhound and command from there.

Reaction: Dodge

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alpha Boy C and B remain unconscious on the ground and G continues his way up to the top of the highest point.

Alpha H will AOA on Greeth once again. WS 45 + 20 (AOA) + 10 (Ganging up) = <75 = Success.
Dodge attempt from Greeth: <41 = Fail.
Damage from the attack: No damage.
Furious Assault: <75 = Fail.

Alpha A will fire at Fulrik again. BS 20 + 10 (Semi) - 10 (Fatigued): <20: Success with 2 DoS.
Dodge attempt from Fulrik: <40 = Fail.
Damage from the attack to the left arm 1d10+8, Pen 2: No damage.

Mac is making his way towards the Hellhound to command from there.

Action Economy is on Bertram

Alpha C dead?
I rolled 1d100, the result is 56 = 56.
Alpha H attack on Greeth
I rolled 1d100, the result is 67 = 67.
Dodge attempt from Greeth
I rolled 1d100, the result is 86 = 86.
Damage from Alpha H attack
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 1, 7 = 8.
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 4, 7 = 11.
Alpha A attack roll
I rolled 1d100, the result is 3 = 3.
Dodge attempt from Fulrik
I rolled 1d100, the result is 72 = 72.
Damage from Alpha A's attack
I rolled 1d10+8, the result is 4, 8 = 12.
Alpha H Furious Assault
I rolled 1d100, the result is 96 = 96.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Bertram! Step your game up!

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Sorry, new job.

IC: Bertram curses softly as he sees the meganobs heading out. "Be advised, four meganobs are heading out. Still no sign of the primary target." He voxed, looking for the fastest way to follow the where the other ork had disappeared to. Hoping the others could handle what was coming with the head's up and the explosion would confuse the mob he had attacked he made his move. Becoming one with the shadows he started climbing.

Full-move the fastest, quietest way to where the primary target is suspected.
Don't know what skills/talents you want me to roll.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I know you're in a state of flux right now, Mark, but if you could get a map up when these megadicks come out - or anytime before we have to start dealing with real baddies - that would help out a lot.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I can try to get that up but what with new jobs and working two of them, we shall see if a map is possible.

If I have some down time at work tomorrow, then I'll try to do so then. Otherwise it might be a bit before I can.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

ygnar_1 wrote:

Sorry, new job.

IC: Bertram curses softly as he sees the meganobs heading out. "Be advised, four meganobs are heading out. Still no sign of the primary target." He voxed, looking for the fastest way to follow the where the other ork had disappeared to. Hoping the others could handle what was coming with the head's up and the explosion would confuse the mob he had attacked he made his move. Becoming one with the shadows he started climbing.

Full-move the fastest, quietest way to where the primary target is suspected.
Don't know what skills/talents you want me to roll.

That will be a Challenging (+0) Climb Test to get up to the second level. Then you can move along the rafters a bit and that will be your action for the round.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Found some alright software so I made this in about half an hour. Hope it helps a little bit.

Each enemy is in black and the rest of you are in color. I guesstimated where the hellhound would be. Also, it's 10 meters for each square. Alpha G is inside and Bertram is off screen as well.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Waiting on rolls from Bertram, but I will move along my part soon.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Climb vs 43, not sure if unnatural strength would help

Climb vs 43
I rolled 1d100, the result is 83 = 83.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I would say that you slip and fall prone, but due to the commotion, you have time to make another concealment/silent move or whatever to keep your secrecy, so gimme another one of those checks, either one.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Not sure it matters but I forgot the strength bonus from the armour. Silent move

Silent move vs 80
I rolled 1d100, the result is 67 = 67.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Not so sure it does matter unfortunately. Lemme see if anyone notices you. It'll be only about 3 tests and they have to get 2 DoS on their tests in order to notice you.

Edit: It looks like one of the Meganobs noticed you. The first roll was for the Horde and the other 2 were for the 2 meganobs making their way out of the Manufactorum. Soooo, he yells out for the others to continue out, and that he will deal with you himself. He starts to head in your direction with his clunky mechanized suit, yelling and screaming at the horde to attack you as well.

Looks like the silent way won't be terribly viable at the current moment.

Awareness Tests
I rolled 1d100, the result is 23 = 23.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 54 = 54.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 9 = 9.
Nikello
Nikello's picture

What's going on?

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Hahaha, I fuckin' love this guy.

'Sup Nik. Mac is just chillin on the Hell Hound. We are still fucking up Orks. You know how it goes.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

That's cool, that's cool.

You guys...wanna go see a movie?

Nikello
Nikello's picture

I heard Guardians was good. Or maybe we could see Turtles.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Or not, y'know, if you don't wanna.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Guardians was AMAZING, but you can't just stroll back in here with some hot sex and tequila on your lips and act like everything is OK, talking about movies and SHIT!

I want my muh fuckin chil' suppote.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

I liked both movies, and the tequila too

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty moving forward finally, Alpha D is going to make an attempt at Kal'vek on the building across from him.

Alpha D attack: BS 20 + 10 (Semi) - 10 (Fatigued) = <20: Failed hard.

Action Economy is on Kal'vek, but if I don't get a post in the next day I will move forward.

Alpha D attack
I rolled 1d100, the result is 90 = 90.
Nikello
Nikello's picture

Oh, okay, I get it. I'm sorry to bother you guys.

I'm just gonna sulk the whole subway ride home.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I miss you. I miss us.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Do you remember our song?

 

That was playing the first time we made love.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

How could I forgoet? I remember it like yesterday: the first time our mullets touched.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Kal'vek smiles at the ork that fired at him, though through his helmet the expression is impossible to see. The explosions and live fire have long made any attempt at secrecy pointless, so he flips on his external vox. "You should be honored that I, a noble Space Marine, will give you a lesson on proper firing technique."

Kal'vek opens up on Ork D

Edit - 59 versus 66; I think that works out to 1 hit for 13 damage.

Attack, Damage (x8) RF (x2) [if necessary]; Semi-Auto
I rolled 1d100, the result is 59 = 59.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 2, 10 = 12.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 3, 10 = 13.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 3, 10 = 13.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 4, 10 = 14.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 3, 10 = 13.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 9, 10 = 19.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 10, 10 = 20.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 9, 10 = 19.
I rolled 1d10, the result is 2 = 2.
I rolled 1d10, the result is 7 = 7.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Cool cool Kal'vek deal 5 damage to Alpha D.

Alpha E was knocked down last time, but was able to get up and now will make an AOA on Greeth. WS 45 + 20 (AOA) + 10 (Ganging) - 10 (Fatigued) = <65: Pass with 4 DoS and I believe that Greeth used his dodge earlier. Damage: 16, pen 2 to the body. 2 wounds to Greeth's body. That will put Greeth at 1 critical damage to his body.

Effect: If the target is not wearing armour on this location, he takes 1 level of Fatigue from a painful laceration. If he is wearing armour, there is no effect. Phew!

Alrighty so nothing happening yet.

Furious Assault from Alpha E (<65): FAIL.

Action Economy is on Fulrik

Alpha E Attack
I rolled 1d100, the result is 33 = 33.
Damage from Alpha E attack
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 9, 7 = 16.
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 2, 7 = 9.
Furious Assault Alpha E
I rolled 1d100, the result is 76 = 76.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Seeing that the Frag missile did little damage against that particular foe, Fulrik switches it up. The autoloader reloading a fresh Krak missile into the tube. He lines up a shot against the same Ork and fires. "See if you can shrug this off, piss face."

Frag missile vs. Ork A; BS 55 +10(range) +10(Oath) +10(Red Dot) +10(Aim); <95; Hit w/ 6 DoS.
Damage: 3d10+12, pen 8; Blast (1); Body 29 +3 (RF) = 32 before TB and AP.

<95 to hit
I rolled 1d100, the result is 36 = 36.
Krak missile pen 8
I rolled 3d10+12, the result is 5, 2, 10, 12 = 29.
RF
I rolled 1d10, the result is 3 = 3.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Yup that'll be 18 damage to Alpha A and 7 critical explosive damage to his body.

Effect: The explosive force of the attack ruptures the target’s flesh and scrambles his nervous system, knocking him to the ground. The target falls down, is Stunned for 1d10 Rounds and takes 1d10 levels of Fatigue. In addition, he now suffers Blood Loss and can only take Half Actions for the next 1d10 hours as he tries to regain control of his body.

Edit: He passes out from the blast and will be out for some time. Also, he is losing blood.

Alpha F will fire shots at Fulrik. <20: FAIL.

Action Economy is on Greeth

Stunned, Fatigue, Hours
I rolled 1d10, the result is 10 = 10.
I rolled 1d10, the result is 9 = 9.
I rolled 1d10, the result is 7 = 7.
Alpha F attack
I rolled 1d100, the result is 34 = 34.
sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

how many guys are in combat with me?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Two at the current moment. One of them died from blood loss a little while ago.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

IC: Greeth was wounded, things looked grim but he would not surrender. He knew that more greenskins were to follow. He pressed his attack on the most wounded one.

OOC:Feint, attack, Parry

EDIT:RF! auto confirm and rolling extra damage.

feint, attack, damage, parry
I rolled 1d100, the result is 80 = 80.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 18 = 18.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 10, 13 = 23.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 85 = 85.
extra damage
I rolled 1d10, the result is 4 = 4.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

He can't dodge and he will be taking at least enough critical damage to be dead.

Effect: With a meaty chop, the leg comes away at the hip. The target pitches to the ground howling in agony, before dying moments later and the tide of blood is so intense that, for the remainder of the battle, anyone making a Run or Charge Action within six metres of the target this Turn must make a Challenging (+0) Agility Test or fall over.

Alpha J will have to move around the fire and attempt to follow after Mac, cause he is big and stupid. He will make a full-move action towards the way that Mac went.

The Horde will take a shot at Bertram on the orders of the Meganob. Bertram does have some cover, so let's see. I would think that due to his climbing his arm might be mostly open to a shot. I am going to spot rule here and say that 1d10 of the damage won't get through due to partial cover and thus some of the shots would clink into things obstructing some of the hordes' view. BS 20 + 10 (Semi-Auto) = <30: Success and no dodge against horde volume. Damage = 2d10+8: 21 - 14 (AP and TB) = 7 wounds to Bertram's left arm.

The Meganob will move closer to Bertram's position with a full move.

End of Round 5

Attack on Bertram from the Horde
I rolled 1d100, the result is 12 = 12.
Damage from Horde on Bertram
I rolled 2d10+8, the result is 9, 4, 8 = 21.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Initiative for other baddies

MN A, MN B, MN C, MN D, Horde
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 8, 3 = 11.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 3, 3 = 6.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 3, 3 = 6.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 1, 3 = 4.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 3, 3 = 6.
Nikello
Nikello's picture

I'm going to hold action.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Cool cool, sorry I have been busy guys. I will get back to business once my hours are regular and I know my schedule. We should finish this one soon so we can get on to bigger and better things.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

No worries. Once you get settled again, I am sure it will pick back up to something resembling normalcy.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

So, who is the initiative on?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Lemme see. I think it might just be on me. Just started working the morning shift, but I got some time in the coming days after I get off work to get us back up and running again. Might even be able to do so tonight.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty let's see what we can do.

Alpha Boy C might die, let's see if he does. He does not.

Alpha Boy H is still out of sight.

Alpha Boy H will AOA Greeth. WS 45 + 20 (A0A) = <65: FAIL.

Meganob A will be running out to the right (facing from the Manufactorum) and heading for Fulrik and Kal'vek by swinging out a bit and heading for the buildings. Full run 18 meters.

Alpha A dead or not? Not dead.

Action Economy is on Mac

Alpha C dead?
I rolled 1d100, the result is 41 = 41.
Alpha H attack on Greeth
I rolled 1d100, the result is 87 = 87.
Alpha A dead?
I rolled 1d100, the result is 86 = 86.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

So I know this game took a stall and hasn't really been that engaging recently. I wanted to gauge opinion and find out what you guys want to do. I know I haven't posted as much as I should as a GM, but even before that we had players dropping and also what seemed like a general lack of interest in the game. At least there seemed to be a dwindling interest in it. There's a few options, hopefully short of killing it off.

A) We act as though we finished this part up and move on to something more engaging than just combat over and over again.
B) We finish this up and get it going to where we can knock it out in the next couple of days or weeks or whatever.
C) Players may back out and I will do my best to find others to fill them in (on my new site it seems like a lot of people are looking for 40k games and what not and might be interested, either leaving the game here, or moving it to that website)
D) We let them game die (which I don't want, but if the other options don't work, might be the best option)

I am interested in potentially moving it to my other site in any case. There's a growing base there and it seems like there's a lot of players and not so many games for them to join since lots of them are full.

Well let me know guys, as I said I don't want it to die, but if that's what will happen, then that's what will happen.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I vote for option B. I would rather have Fulrik die in battle like a Viking than having the game just stall out and die.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Let's finish this combat. I'd rather not move it over to another site. So B.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

I vote for finishing this game then moving to other site (although the die roller is nice) DO NOT LET GREETH DIE!

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Sorry about the delay in posting on my part. I have been getting ready to move back to school and I am now moved in. I would post now, but it's almost six in the morning and I am drunk.

Will post tomorrow.

Pages