Chapter 2: I love the smell of napalm in the morning (OOC)

236 posts / 0 new
Last post
ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Initiative

Initiative
I rolled 1d10+6, the result is 4, 6 = 10.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright we have all the initiatives in, so I will get to the next part fairly soon.

Rolling initiative for my Alpha Boyz.

Alpha A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 7, 3 = 10.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 8, 3 = 11.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 9, 3 = 12.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 5, 3 = 8.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 3, 3 = 6.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 2, 3 = 5.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 8, 3 = 11.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 8, 3 = 11.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 6, 3 = 9.
I rolled 1d10+3, the result is 2, 3 = 5.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Initiative Order
Alpha C 13
Alpha B 12
Alpha G 12
Alpha H 12
Alpha A 11
Mac 10
Bertram 10
Alpha I 10
Alpha D 9
Kal'Vek 7
Alpha E 7
Fulrik 6
Alpha F 6
Greeth 5
Alpha J 5

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Stupid Alpha Boy bitches and their bullshit.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alphhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I actually rolled the initiative wrong and just noticed it should be +4. So they are all a bit higher, but it shouldn't change the position of initiative that much. Will fix it now.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Mark, which grouping did I just fuck up? A-D ?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I would say yeah A-D. And Greeth attacked H-J. So the only thing that some of them can do is get up and move to cover really. G is in the middle group (E-G) and so he will get to act with a regular action.

As far as the battlefield is concerned, there isn't much cover besides for a few busted tanks, some crumbling walls, and other debris that lie at varying states of disrepair around the battlefield in front of the Manufactorum building. That would be the cover I refer to when I say they might get up and move to cover, although it won't help them much from a concussion missile placed in the right location.

So Alpha Boyz C, B, and A will stand and move towards one of the busted tanks sitting there. C will be able to get behind it, but most of B is exposed still and A is going to be still completely out in the open.

Alpha G is going to make a full run move back into the complex.

Alpha H gets to make an attempt at attacking Greeth with an AOA. (WS 40 + 20 (AOA)).

Edit: Failure and he loses his reaction.

Then, I have Nikello Jump packing into position and unleashing some promethium upon them, but I am going to say angle wise that he can only get Alpha H and J, not I.

Need damage roll from Nikello.

That will bring us to Bertram. Action economy on him.

Alpha H AOA on Greeth
I rolled 1d100, the result is 86 = 86.
Nikello
Nikello's picture

1d10+ 7, Pen 4

I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 9, 7 = 16.
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 5, 7 = 12.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Do you have two hand flamers or did you just roll twice on accident? I could be missing something as well.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

What's the closest group to Bertram?

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Sorry, it was late, I was about to go to bed, and I got it in my head that I should roll damage for both enemies hit. I must have really been out of it. Just take the first roll.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

They are all about equidistant from your position I would imagine. Unless you were closer somehow? Not sure. Anyways they all sit in front of specific entrances. Greeth and Mac are engaging one group although I assume Mac is not in CC. The big group is standing up and finding cover and the third group hasn't done anything yet I think.

So it's really just up to you which group to attack. They all sit within the jump pack charge range of Greeth. You all are hidden in the buildings that are fairly close to the complex.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Well I had moved up as far as I could when Fulrik was getting into position for his missile launcher to try and find a place to infiltrate. Not sure how that would measure out distance wise.

IC:
"I'll try and get visual confirmation of the primary target." Berttram voxed as he watched the orks react to the sudden violence. Using the distraction the others provided for an opening he started working his way toward the building.

Full-run
-silent move vs 80

Silent move vs 80
I rolled 1d100, the result is 69 = 69.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright that will be an opposed to their Awareness, which is going to take a hit from the start of battle. I'll say a -10 to their awareness, so only on natural 1s will they perceive you. And then again it will only be the one group that isn't engaged.

Per 25 - 10 (Battle) = <15 (need natural 1s)

Edit: Wow...and one of them notices you making your way over there. Alpha E will more than likely attack you then.

Also, are you jump packing and silent moving? If so, you would be able to make it to one of the sides and pass around with just him noticing. If not, you will still be in range to be shot at. Regardless of either, he sees you.

Alpha E, F, G
I rolled 1d100, the result is 1 = 1.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 79 = 79.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 72 = 72.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright so I need the question answered from Bertram and then action economy is on Kal'vek.

Alpha I will be performing an AOA on Greeth, along with a bonus for ganging up. WS 45 + 20 (AOA) + 20 (Ganging-up) = <85

Edit: Assuming that is impossible to dodge even for Greeth. So rolling damage. I think to do anything to Greeth, he needs a high ass roll. 2 wounds to Greeth's left arm.

Question: If anyone knows, is Crushing Blow (add +2 damage to melee) already included in the stats for an Ork Boy when he uses his Choppa? If not, it would be 4 wounds to Greeth and not 2.Answered my own question. Base stats I believe are 1d10+1 R, so with a strength bonus of 4 and then crushing blow it would be 1d10+7, which is what I rolled.

Edit: Woops, forgot that he gets another attack with Furious Assault. <85. That is a hit, so I need a dodge roll from Greeth.

Alpha D is in the group that got hit, but the furthest away from any cover. He will be getting up and turning around, but he won't get far with his half move.

Alpha I attack on Greeth
I rolled 1d100, the result is 3 = 3.
Damage, pen 2, tearing
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 9, 7 = 16.
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 1, 7 = 8.
Alpha I Furious Assault roll <85
I rolled 1d100, the result is 32 = 32.
sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

I will do a parry instead. How is it impossible to dodge/parry the firat attack?

Parry ws 51 +10
I rolled 1d100, the result is 31 = 31.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

For the first attack: Well we have been going on a Degrees of Success method for dodging and parrying. You would need 8 DoS to parry or dodge the first attack, which I am pretty sure is impossible given your agility and WS do not match up to that many degrees of success. It's all written in the Homebrew Rules section. I would give it to you if it were a natural 1, but that would have even been stretching it by the method we are playing.

For the second attack, you would NORMALLY have parried the attack RAW with that roll of 31. But, with the DoS system that we have put into place, you would fail on it. Since he has 5 DoS on his Furious Assault, and you rolled 3 DoS for your Parry, he will still strike you with the second attack.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I know you already found the answer, but all the weapons listed under enemy already include their strength modifiers and passive talents.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Thanks buttbro <3 let's smush butts together.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

I'm not sure what all is happening. I'd like to continue causing distraction. If possible, I'll semi-auto burst with my Bolter on a group that is not engaged in melee. Can you confirm if that is possible, and if so, roll appropriately?

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Jump pack it

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

k. 2 damage marked

mruozu
mruozu's picture

So the second attack (furious assault) hit as well based on the DoS system in place, so I will roll for that as well.

1d10+7; Pen 2; Tearing to the left arm; a further 2 damage to Greeth's left arm

DDM, for Kal'vek there is a group of two who are still in the open, one of the group having ran as fast as he could back into the building. You have site on the two of them and so I will roll an attack against one of them with a semi-auto burst from your bolter.

BS 46 + 15 (Bolter Mastery) + 10 (Oath of Knowledge) + 10 (Short Range) [b]+10 (Semi-Auto) = <8191

Edit: Wow...Woops! You did hit, but only 1 hit with the bolter.

Edit: Dodge attempt from Alpha Boy E (Ag <40). FAIL. 1d10+9 Tearing, Pen 4 to his left arm. 10 damage after TB and AP to Alpha Boy E.

Bertram you are out of range, but have been spotted, so some might follow you, or they might be too caught up with the attempt from Kal'vek to respond. We shall see.

ALSO, I forgot to include Mac's attack. So if they catch fire, Greeth might not be taking any damage.Actually doesn't matter since Greeth is engaged in combat with Alpha I, who won't be hit by the flames due to the maneuvering of Mac to not hit Greeth. First they will attempt a dodge and then see if they catch fire.

Ag 40

Edit: Looks like Alpha H will get hit for damage, but Alpha J will not. Rolling hit location for Alpha H. Looks like a body hit with the hand flamer. After AP and TB, Alpha H takes 4 damage. Now let's see if he catches on fire. He is not on fire.

Action economy is on Alpha E who will run over towards the position of Bertram, but won't make it until next round. He is running off towards you Bertram.Alpha E will fire at who fired upon his group, Kal'vek. Same as the other (BS 20 + 10 (Semi-Auto))

Action economy is on FULRIK.

Alpha I Furious Assault damage
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 9, 7 = 16.
I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 1, 7 = 8.
Kal'Vek semi-auto attack on Alpha Boy E
I rolled 1d100, the result is 82 = 82.
Alpha H dodge attempt, Alpha J dodge attempt
I rolled 1d100, the result is 41 = 41.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 38 = 38.
Hit location
I rolled 1d100, the result is 42 = 42.
Alpha H catching on fire?
I rolled 1d100, the result is 15 = 15.
Alpha E dodge attempt
I rolled 1d100, the result is 94 = 94.
Kal'Vek Bolter attack damage
I rolled 1d10+9, the result is 1, 9 = 10.
I rolled 1d10+9, the result is 9, 9 = 18.
Alpha E attack on Kal'vek
I rolled 1d100, the result is 65 = 65.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Firing on ABC with Incendiary - aiming for the middle asshole to get the most bang for my buck. Their cover won't help them a bit because the Emperor sodomizes Gork and Mork in Heaven.

Also, Mark, I found this little gem on pg. 148: Due to the exceptional grade of fuel, a victim caught on fire by an Astartes Flame Weapon takes an additional 4 points of damage per Round from being on fire. I don't think we have been using that for burnt bitches yet.

IC: Fulrik moves his thumb, an incendiary missile loading itself into his Soundstrike, ready to breathe fire. He takes aim on the same group he had so much success with previously. He steadies himself as his brothers move in to do the Allfather's work. He fires.

OOC: Incendiary at the same group, specifically the leader if he is still alive, if not the next available Green; BS 55 +10(range) +10(Oath) +10(Red Dot) +10(Aim); <95; 3 DoS. Can't dodge (blast 5 is too big for them to escape); they should test to catch fire this round (and I believe next round if they start in the flames) - not sure if you are treating that Ag test to see if they catch fire as a half move or a free action.

Damage: 9 (initial)
Additional Rounds on fire: 1 :(

<95
I rolled 1d100, the result is 74 = 74.
Damage, pen 0 Blast (5); Rounds area is ignited
I rolled 1d10+5, the result is 4, 5 = 9.
I rolled 1d5, the result is 1 = 1.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

I think I have been treating it as a free action, so let's go with that.

Let's see if they catch on fire or not.

Ag 40 for all three of them. (also -10 for fatigue)

Edit: Alpha B and C catch on fire and take...5 damage and 2 damage respectively.

Alpha A, Alpha B, Alpha C...catching on fire or not...
I rolled 1d100, the result is 11 = 11.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 85 = 85.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 59 = 59.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Burn fuckers.

B and C

Fire damage ignore armor.
I rolled 1d10+9, the result is 4, 9 = 13.
I rolled 1d10+9, the result is 1, 9 = 10.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alpha Boy F is gonna try and shoot back a semi-auto burst with his shoota at Kal'vek.

BS 20 + 10 (Semi-Auto) = <30...probably a miss...yup! Miss.

Action economy is on GREETH.

Alpha F semi-auto
I rolled 1d100, the result is 73 = 73.
sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

Greeth silently attacks the greenskin bastards who attacked him, careful not to over extend himself.

Guarded attack:-10 Attack, +10 Parry/dodge against the furious assault asshole

attack
I rolled 1d100, the result is 47 = 47.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

You will hit him regardless, since he lost his reaction. I'll roll damage to speed it along and get things to the end of Round 1.

Also, Greeth I think your parry should have been higher to begin with. 41 + 10 (Balanced) + 10 (Oath) = 61. And then another +10 for a defensive strike this round. I believe my guy still got more DoS on the Furious Assault attack, but just for future reference for this mission.

Edit: Looks like right leg for 13 damage after TB and AP on Alpha I.

Greeth damage, Pen 3, tearing
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 8, 13 = 21.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 3, 13 = 16.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 9, 13 = 22.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alpha J will disengage from the combat with Greeth and make a half-move towards Mac. He's not too happy about the flamer attack earlier.

And that concludes Round 1. I will have an IC update soon and potentially a map if I feel up for it after work today. Otherwise expect it sometime on Sunday, my time.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

K, thanks

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Sorry guys, busy few days and I didn't wake up til late on Sunday. That and the film festival was pretty draining. Will try to get something up soon.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

You know what, let's not take the risk. Fate point to add an extra DoS, ensuring my sneakyness.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty, I will write up that none of them see you instead. That way you can look around and inside and what not.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Good man, Ygnar!

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright so I know I have been dropping the ball. Apologies everyone just been a busy bust fucking busy (no excuse) week and weekend. I'll get on it.

Start thinking of Round 2 actions though and we will get to those as well.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

For round two I will kill some shit

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Always the right thing to do.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I think I will follow Greeth's lead, but step it up and fuck some shit up.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Can I get a recap on enemies and position from me/Fulrik? I didn't miss a map somewhere, did I?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Nah, I just have been busy and haven't posted one yet. There are 3 groups. One on the far left has 4 orks and they are all heavily injured as well as some of them on fire. You fired on the middle group, where two orks remain that fired on you. Then Greeth and Mac are engaged with the 3rd group on the far right with 3 orks. Bertram has pushed himself forward and sits around the side of the eastern part of the large building.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Kal'Vek takes a moment to observe the orks that have been blasted by missile fire and some are currently aflame. Shifting his gaze to the orks in melee he decides that Greeth and Mac will make short work of them. He focuses again on the group in the middle. Lining up his shot, he unloads with a semi-auto burst.

BS 76 (46 base, +5 None Shall Escape the Emperor's Wrath, +15 Specialty/Exceptional Quality, +10 Semi-Auto Burst)

Edit - Looks like Hit + 1 degree, 15 damage, 19 damage (pen 4).

Pen 4
I rolled 1d100, the result is 57 = 57.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 2, 10 = 12.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 5, 10 = 15.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 8, 10 = 18.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 9, 10 = 19.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 1, 10 = 11.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 3, 10 = 13.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 9, 10 = 19.
I rolled 1d10+10, the result is 8, 10 = 18.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright so that will be on either Alpha Boy E or Alpha Boy F. I'll assign randomly and attempt a dodge. In order to dodge both shots he has to roll with 3 DoS. He needs 2 DoS to avoid one of them. Ag 40.

Edit: Fail on the dodge, so you hit the right leg twice for 7 damage and 11 damage.

E or F?; Dodge attempt
I rolled 1d2, the result is 2 = 2.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 58 = 58.
sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

Greeth in a low tone seaks to his opposite. "Do not twist the holy sound of low gothic with your filthy perversion-PIG!" He yells the last part as he throws a left hook to draw the mongrels attention then follows with a right stab with the chainsword.

Feint then attack on the more wounded one (H I think)
EDIT:thats a RF if it actually hits, I dont think so

Feint,attack,damage,parry
I rolled 1d100, the result is 74 = 74.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 64 = 64.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 7, 13 = 20.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 7, 13 = 20.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 10, 13 = 23.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 57 = 57.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

There's a good chance that it doesn't hit, but I was wondering if the Feint is successful, but the attack is not, would it count as a hit or not? It says the next attack can't be dodged or parried, but if the actual attack itself is unsuccessful, I would assume that there would be no hit even if the feint was successful.

Anyways, let's see the opposed WS test. <45

Edit: Looks like he fails and falls to the feint, so now I need a ruling on if feint-enhanced attacks can fail or not. I would assume so, so lemme check the modifiers and see if the WS test from Greeth is possible or not.

WS 51 with no modifiers that I can see, so I would assume the attack fails.

Opposed WS test
I rolled 1d100, the result is 78 = 78.
ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

What would it take to get to the nearest window?

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I'd say you can get there and make your awareness test this round.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Mac fires off his hand flamer at the Ork again, readying himself to dodge should it come closer.

1d10+7 Pen 4.

I rolled 1d10+7, the result is 2, 7 = 9.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright so I have been busy as hell and what not but I should be good to have the next round updated by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay guys.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Glancing up Bertram climbed to the nearest window, using the firefight and surrounding for cover. Running a hand over the window he looked into the building. With any luck the orks would be building what passed for their regular "vehicles".

Awarness vs 74
I rolled 1d100, the result is 52 = 52.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

Pages