Chapter 2: I love the smell of napalm in the morning (OOC)

236 posts / 0 new
Last post
deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture
Chapter 2: I love the smell of napalm in the morning (OOC)

Due to the issues with displaying new posts (it only works if you post yourself) we need a new thread. We can re-title this one and Mac can create an IC to match. Once again sorry for the issue I created. I wish that I had at least succeeded in reducing CAPTCHA for posters.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Clarification, Mruozu** will create new stuff. Different entity entirely than Mac.

A common mistake as they are both into torture porn.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

We do enjoy it. As well as conversing about it.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Why does Fulrik want to kill the guard? That ale was designed to get an Astartes drunk...

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Why does Ygnar not want to read my IC post carefully?!

They are drinking water from their canteens out of the Stine. Although, I imagine the microscopic residue of the Ale within the mug, when mixed with their water, will give them the liquid courage they need to endure the coming battle.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Shitttttttttttttttttttt. Alright well needs posts from Mac and Bertram IC before moving forward. Plus it's all on Mac technically since he is the squad leader.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Sorry I'm slow, finals and personal shit.

Posting.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Just in case anyone wants to check the OLD OOC thread without needing to post to see new comments, when you click on the 'new' in the address bar, it may show a page number (for me it is 27). If you type over that page number it will take you to the last page. I used 34 and it went to the last page.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Is everyone ready to move out? If so, you wanted some of the militia to come with you correct? Just want to know for my post.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

It sounds like that is what Mac is ordering. Fulrik only wanted the Hellhound (accidentally said Chimera in game) for the surprise-flanking attack.

For clarification, he wants to start the party at teh front gates. The Hellhound will be idling a safe distance away (out of hearing distance hopefully). Fulrik will then radio the Hellhound team he is about to light shit up from - hopefully an elevated position looking at the main entrance of this place. He will give the Hellhound a few seconds head start then fire his first missile. He is banking on the explosion drawing the Orks to that spot - because Orks.

Then, with their attention on the distraction team, the Hellhound team busts through a fucking wall and turns that building into a fucking easy-bake oven.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

A sound plan.

I'll wait for anymore IC comments and also confirmation from Mac on what he is asking of the troopers.

Then we can move to the building.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Fulrik's plan is what Mac is asking of the defenders.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Ah alrighty then. I will write up the next IC post, which should be taking you all to Manufactorum building. It probably won't be terribly long, but it'll get you there. Then the fun begins.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Here is an approximation of what the Manufactorum looks like.

It's massive.

http://tiwyll.deviantart.com/art/Imperial-Manufactorum-WIP-3-316061413

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

That pic is not working for me.

Also, what are the teams? Fulrik, with his soundstrike is obviously part of the distraction team. Who is with the Hellhound and who is with Fulrik?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Changed it to a link. Should work okay now.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

You guys good?

I can alter the IC post for what you see, but it's pretty quiet from your position. The 10 bigger ork guys that the scout mentioned are all meandering around, being orks. Forgot to put that in the post, but they are the only threat you see.

Fulrik, you will be able to get to a rooftop fairly easily and have a good line of sight on those boys to start a distraction.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I am good to go, but I would reaaaalllly like to know who is with me and who is with the Hellhound.

Nik?

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

as long as greeth kills shit anything is ok.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I like that, I like that a lot.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Okay, me and Fulrik together, everyone else with the hellhound?

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

That works for me.

<3

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright well IC is open so go over the plan and I need to know exactly what everyone is planning to do, then I will write it up IC.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

What am I seeing as far as enemies? I got that there are ten. Where are they in relation to Fulrik, how spread out or together are they?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

There are a few groups of them, space throughout the front of the building. 2 groups of 3 and another of 4. They seem to be guarding different points of access to the building. I'd say each group sits approximately 15 meters apart from the others.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty so I'm waiting on Nikello and DDM for responses IC before moving forward. Fulrik feel free to make your test in cinematic mode style for the missile attack. After I get responses, I will update the IC and after that it should be combat time.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Concussion missile attack vs. Fuckface group: BS 55 +10(oath) +10(red dot) +10(range) +size? <85 - firing at the middle of the group for maximum spread and damage. Oh, shit, I forgot about surprised. +30. Yeah they are getting smoked.

Damage: 6d10+2, pen 5, blast (5)=10m diameter lololz), concussive)

Concussive: All enemies must makea toughness test at -10/DoS by which the attack succeeded. That is -50 toughness test. Lol. Failure means stunned for 1 round. Any character taking damage greater than their toughness bonus (everyone) gets knocked down.

So, everyone of the Orks takes 33 damage (I need to roll to see where the other three take the damage; the original target takes it in the face) and must test toughness at -50 (5DoS at <115) or get stunned for one round and I think they are all falling on their asses... if they live through the initial attack.

<85; <95?
I rolled 1d100, the result is 60 = 60.
Damage to Ork head
I rolled 6d10+2, the result is 9, 5, 4, 1, 6, 6, 2 = 33.
Areas where other Orks take damage
I rolled 1d100, the result is 20 = 20.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 4 = 4.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 32 = 32.
Nikello
Nikello's picture

Sorry, I'm finishing up finals, and am moving back home on wednesday. Sorry I'm being slowing everyone down.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Kal'vek is standing with Fulrik, bolter at the ready. He's ready to lay down some covering fire if they're not all dead. Basically he's just hanging out enjoying himself.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

Ok I will charge if able (with jump pack) or full run (with jump pack) as fulrik fires.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Would you like to attack the same group or a separate 3 man group?

Basically you guys have 3 groups at the moment to choose from.

Jeff, after Fulrik fires you want the Hellhound riding in guns blazing right? Just making sure.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

I will take the dumbest looking one-o wait. They are orks and they all look dumb.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

No. I don't want the Hellhound moving until we have sight of the warboss. The original plan was for the Hellhound to break into one of the walls and start dousing the fuckers.

I don't want it to give away its position until we are sure the Warboss isn't going to come and join the fun. So, we can start tearing into these assholes, wait a round or two. Depending on what the warboss does, Fulrik will give specific orders to the Hellhound. So, for now it should just sit tight and not give away its position. let them focus on me and Kal.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright gotcha. Well I will give Nikello until tomorrow, then I will post an update to the IC regardless.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Giving him a bit more time, sorry guys. Busy day at work today and seeing the girlfriend tonight and tomorrow. Might be a bit before the update, and it gives time for Nikello.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Here's what happened to those mo fuckas.

Alpha Boy A = takes 25 wounds and is stunned for 1 round
Alpha Boy B = takes 25 wounds and is stunned for 1 round
Alpha Boy C = takes 19 wounds and is stunned for 1 round
Alpha Boy D = takes 21 wounds and is stunned for 1 round

They also all get knocked down by the concussive force from the weapon.

I've got Greeth jump packing into one of them randomly, which I will roll for.

Everyone else is staying still and not doing much.

Need initiative from everyone for the start of combat. Will write up the IC soon.

Edit: Greeth will jump into the furthest group on the right with a charge action. So Greeth, I need a charge roll and a damage roll to see how badly you injure the one you charge. You get surprised (+30) and charge (+10) and whatever else as well for the roll. He will be attacking Alpha I.

Which group does Greeth attack?
I rolled 1d3, the result is 3 = 3.
Which Ork gets attacked?
I rolled 1d3, the result is 2 = 2.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Initiative

I rolled 1d10+4, the result is 2, 4 = 6.
sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

Charge

Charrrggge!
I rolled 1d100, the result is 75 = 75.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Yeah pretty sure you got that one Syl. Roll me some damage.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

3d10 + 13 pick highest

I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 4, 13 = 17.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 5, 13 = 18.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 6, 13 = 19.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty so 19 damage to the body, Pen 3. That won't do as much as the concussion missile, but then again not much does more than those. Should be 8 damage total after TB and AP.

Let's get initiative from everyone and then we can start the combat and I will give more details on what is happening at the Manufactorum.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

initiative

EDIT
Ya, pencil me in for last

I rolled 1d10, the result is 1 = 1.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Not much worse than the 2 I rolled. What is your AG bonus?

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

Hmmm, I have no idea. I just realized Greeth is no longer in the characters thread.
Is this like going to work and finding out your going to be fired bc they prematurly deleted your email?

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Your character sheet is still there. So no, you're not fired.

Your Agility is 41, so you have a +4 to Initiative.

Initiative
I rolled 1d10+5, the result is 2, 5 = 7.
sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

Hmmm. I cant see my char post for some odd reason. No bother I have a paper copy.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Take a look now. I think I figured out why you couldn't see it.

sylphilis
sylphilis's picture

Works now.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Sorry I've been slowing things down. Busy week. Making post now.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Initiative: 10

Mac readies his hand flamer and leaps after Greeth to bathe the greenskins in holy promethium.

Will fire the spray at the mob in such a way as to not hit Greeth, if possible. If not possible, hold action.

Reaction: Dodge.

I rolled 1d10+5, the result is 5, 5 = 10.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

So will you be jump packing as well I assume? I think we can work a way for you to bathe some of them in promethium. We all like that. So just waiting on Initiative from Bertram and then we can move forward.

Pages