Chapter 1: Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost (OOC)

1364 posts / 0 new
Last post
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Damnit he got to it first. Fine. Khornite Berserker.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Scion of Nurgle, once the book comes out.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Looks like we are getting our bases covered already.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Woops I forgot that Alpha A tried to parry Greeth's attack. Nikello, Mac does do damage to him.

Let me see what that damage is. 19 damage before TB and AP, but since you went for a weak spot, it will only provide 4 AP for the Legionnaire. So, you will deal 10 wounds to him before the 7 from Greeth.

Effect: A torrent of blood spills from the deep cuts, making the ground slick with gore. All characters attempting to move through this pool of blood must succeed on an Agility Test or fall Prone. The target takes 1d5 levels of Fatigue.

I don't think he ever made an attack back, so he will do so now on Mac, his newest opponent.

WS 39 + 20 (AOA) - 10 (Fatigued) = <49

Edit: Hit with 3 DoS. Gonna roll Mac's dodge so I can finish the IC update. <55. Fail, but through the Emperor's divine grace, he gets a re-roll. Still a fail, but let's see if it does anything. 1d10+4; Pen 2 to the body with tearing. So even with full damage it will do nothing.

Fatigue; Alpha A attack roll
I rolled 1d5, the result is 5 = 5.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 14 = 14.
Mac Dodge Roll
I rolled 1d100, the result is 57 = 57.
The Emperor Protects
I rolled 1d100, the result is 36 = 36.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty IC updated. Hope everyone enjoys it. That brings us to Round 5.

Samael

Samael is going to stand up (half action), then he is going to try and punch Bertram (half action).

WS 42

Edit: Fail. Womp womp.

Inquisitor Alaunus
She is pretty tired and possibly fatigued from that unleashing of her power. She is currently unable to make actions this round.

That brings us to Mac, Fulrik, Bertram, and then Greeth.

Samael PUNCH
I rolled 1d100, the result is 53 = 53.
Nikello
Nikello's picture

My goal had been to cut off the power supply for his armor, and I can't tell if I succeeded on that count.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Yeah I would imagine you did. He's about to die anyway I would imagine.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Next Round has started everyone. Be sure to get your posts in. Already did Samael and the Inquisitor's post. Now need one from everyone else.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Fulrik will drop his Soundstrike upon seeing (bertram?) crash into Sam and knock him down. Picking up the poisoned knife (not sure if free because of quick draw or 1/2 action) he will then run as quickly as possible to cover the distance between himself and Sam.

His plan is to enter a grapple with Sam when he can.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

OOC: Mac will now attempt to disarm the Legionnaire with a chainblade to the inside of the elbow on a draw-cut (running the edge along the inside of the elbow). Don't need to cut through thee arm all the way, just need to mulch the joint so he can't use the arm. His armor is no longer powered, so his Agility should be taking a major hit, in addition to his drop in strength.

I just also realized, the traitor marine can't make use of his black carapace anymore, so he counts as hulking!

IC: Mac lets out a triumphant jaguar yowl as he mulches the elbow of the Alpha-traitor with the crippling teeth of his chainsword.

45 +/- = WS 45 + 10 Charge + 10 Hulking - 20 Called Shot +/- other mods (like incapacitation)

Chainsword 1d10+13, Pen 3, R, Balanced, Tearing

WOOO 21!

I rolled 1d100, the result is 22 = 22.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 8, 13 = 21.
I rolled 1d10+13, the result is 1, 13 = 14.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Cool cool, but a few things to note. I don't see Disarm listed under your talents. I mean I know you should be able to do a disarming move, but technically since it is a talent, I am not 100% sure as to if you can do it per the rules. Unless I am missing something, which could be the case.

Also, I wasn't sure why you rolled damage if you were attempting to Disarm the Legionnaire. Disarming is a full action with an Opposed WS Test, so I don't think you get the opportunity to attack.

AH! Okay I went back and read it again and now I see what you are trying to do. Not a disarm, you are just trying to fuck his arm up and make him drop the knife. Gothca. My bad.

Fulrik will be able to make it near Sam and Bertram, but he won't be able to grapple this turn. Probably next turn.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

That's how the EK operate: we don't trip you, we cut your hamstrings.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I suppose he will get his reaction to try and dodge. But he has to pass by something like 3 or 4 DoS. Let's see what he rolls first. (<50)

Edit: Forgot he is Fatigued and at a -10. And the whole loss of the power pack would add more to it. He just narrowly failed dodging it.

He will take something like 8 damage, which takes him down 4 more critical.

Effect: With an assortment of unnatural, wet ripping sounds, the arm flies free of the body trailing blood behind it in a crimson arc. The target must immediately make a Challenging (+0) Toughness Test or die from shock. If he passes the Test, he is Stunned for 1d10 Turns and suffers Blood Loss. He also takes 1d10 levels of Fatigue and now has only one arm.

Toughness Test = 42 - 10 (Fatigue) = <32

Edit: Alpha A is dead.

That means only Samael is left.

Alpha A Dodge
I rolled 1d100, the result is 21 = 21.
Alpha A Toughness Test
I rolled 1d100, the result is 91 = 91.
ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Would Fulrik reach Sam and Bertram if he popped Burst of Speed?

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I don't think so. It would only give him a bit extra on his run and he would still need to get there on the next turn.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I should be able to get there this turn.

I moved within 20m of him. Unless he backed up, tripped, and backed up again in excess of 10m I I will reach him with a full round run action. If he did backup in excess of 10m, then I will use Burst of Speed and reach him regardless.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

YES.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

They should not have turned form the Emperor's light. Fuck 'em.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

I am 100% behind this.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I'll allow it.

And I forgot you moved so close to him from before. That means you will reach him Fulrik. You said you wanted to grapple him at the end? Would you be able to after the run? I suppose since it says that Grappling is either after a charge or a Standard attack, then you might have to wait to do so.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

No. I will just reach him. I will have to grapple him next round. Or Creepy-Uncle kiss him as a free action.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I will allow that Free Action.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Talent: "Creepy Uncle Lester"
Cost: 1,500 xp
Effects: As a free action, once per turn a character can evoke the spirit of Creepy Uncle Lester and attempt to give a kiss to an enemy. This kiss is the result of too much egg nog at christmas and drunken crying over his wife leaving him. The enemy then must pass a Very Hard (-40) WP test or immediately fall prone and begin crying and shaking. The PC then is forbidden from any social gatherings with the rest of the his squad.

Creepy Uncle Lester has Fear Rating (oh fuck, stop! or 5).

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Fulrik: "Do you know about wrestling, Sammie?"

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

"Sam, have you ever been inside of a Turkish prison?"

Nikello
Nikello's picture

"Do you like movies about Gladiators, Sam?"

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

"Sam, have you ever seen a grown Astartes naked?"

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I seriously love you guys.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Wow...

That was awesome.

Alright I need an action from Bertram and then we are good for this round. Sammie is the only one left alive.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Don't you ever apologize for the length of anything.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Especially your manhood.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

That isn't far off from how it would be done on Cuauhtlan. Mac has never felt closer to Greeth.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Mac wants to know if Greeth might want to see a movie later or something.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I Lol'd. The Japanese teachers are looking at me like I am insane.

Ask me if I give a fuck.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

"Um...sensei...um...do you...um...give fuck?"

That is how your teachers would ask and then it would be awkward cause you wouldn't know what they are asking of you.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

My immediate answer would be, "I give fuck. I give fuck like a Kuma, you silly bitch."

Then I would get right in their face, way beyond their personal bubble and whisper, "Now ask me how many FUCK I give... you silly little bitches."

They would smell the violence on my beard.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

IC: Bertram tilted his head slightly at Sam's wild punch. "Who are you, really?" He whispered over the external vox. "No true son of Corax would willingly keep such company." Keeping him occupied the Raven Guard cursed the need to keep him alive. While unlikely there was the sight chance Sam would know of other infiltrators in the Watch.

Full-Defensive Stance (-20 WS to hit)

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty will update the IC when I get a chance.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Sorry guys that weekend was wild and busy so I will update very soon, if not today then definitely tomorrow. Bear with me my pretties <3

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Mmmmmm yeah that update was good. I needed that.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Technically, I believe we are, Although, it isn't much of a combat now. The only enemy still standing is Sam.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Yeah Syl is still busy at this point in time. If you guys want we can say combat is over. Up to you.

Well what I mean is it's up to you whether to keep going or to start a dialogue with Sam and have it played out. He is not sufficiently unable to escape you guys, so yeah.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Is Sam currently in a position where mac can sever the connection between his armor and the power pack, or are any of Fulrik's limbs in the way?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I would imagine Bertram and/or Fulrik would be in the way for a move like that.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Dammit

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Sorry buddy =(

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Fulrik is going to initiate a grapple and take Sam to the ground. Since you were on the fence as to end combat or not, let me know if you want me to roll it or write it out narratively.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

There's really no point to having combat anymore. If you intend to talk to him or end him or whatever, I'd rather it be an open IC for that.

IC is back open for everybody.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

All right, well Fulrik is going to grab this bitch then.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Your Medicae will help him out, but he still needs to be taken to a Medical bay on a ship or elsewhere. It's not dire now that he has been helped, but still a bit in the red. The mission will be concluding soon though.

Pages