Chapter 1: Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost (OOC)

1364 posts / 0 new
Last post
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Which is why I said the alpha legion doesn't reside in the warp (eye of terror)!!

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

That we know about... *shifty eyes*

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

He's not unwounded, just...less wounded. One failed dodge at this point and he's likely to go crit.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Alphas C&D are at the door. C is 6 into the crit and D has taken 14 wounds, so you could do your Taste for Blood solo if he makes it long enough to be needed.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Yeah I suppose you could do that. He wouldn't be necessarily surprised per se, mainly because he knows there is a battle raging and more than likely as soon as the other Alphas saw you leap over they would vox to him. Of course he might make it into the room as well since the door is opening and thus you might just have to follow him in.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright cool cool, everything looks good so far. I think he will get a chance to dodge your attack though, assuming he still has his reaction once you attack, which he probably won't. Should be 24 damage before AP and TB, but it was a head hit so he should be in critical after it more than likely.

Edit: Of course now that I think about it, I was going to have Samael retreat backwards due to his inability this round. That would mean a full move to the door. Samael might be in your way to attacking the Legionnaire in that case since he will go way before you do. You can obviously attack Samael instead, but I don't think there will be enough room to get to the Legionnaire at the door once Samael moves into position in front of the alcove.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Being senseless, would Sam not have to make some sort of test or risk moving in the wrong direction? Maybe an Intelligence test?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

According to RAW, he is only taking penalties to his BS tests and a -20 to WS tests. He also can't make skill checks that involve hearing, and the rest is up to me as to what he could or couldn't do. I would imagine Samael knows which direction to go since he hasn't been turned around by anything as of yet. Sure he has taken damage from two attacks, but he still knows the direction of the door. That and being an Astartes super human god, I would think that even due to his lack of hearing and sight, he still has innate abilities and feeling as to where to go. Just what I was thinking in my mind.

Edit: I mean yes, he is going to be feeling his way around and isn't going to be terribly amazing at making his way back, but he will be heading in the direction of backward, or that which he thinks is backward (which just so happens to be towards the door since he hasn't been turned around.)

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Of course if there is enough protest I can make an Intelligence test for him to try and move backwards.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

OK. I will wait and see whatever everyone before me does before posting my action.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I might have it be a terrain test to some degree and have him have a chance of falling due to his senses being blocked. Maybe an agility test to see if he can maneuver backwards in his state. Seems like a decent test given his current state. Should he fail the test then he will only get a partial move and will fall down on his turn.

AG 60 - 20 (Senseless) = <40

Edit: Alright so he fails. He will move his half distance instead of full and then trips on the ground causing him to fall down. He is on the ground now and about 6 meters from the door.

This means that Syl can make the jump over on his turn.

Need actions from Mac (unless he is still praying), Fulrik, and Bertram for Round 3.

AG test moving towards the door
I rolled 1d100, the result is 66 = 66.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

So, is Greeth going to get to the door team before Fulrik goes? NEVERMIND. I looked at Initiative and Fulrik is going to go much sooner. In that case...

I am going to go over the IC one more time to make sure I don't fuck anything up before I post. Kisses.

Edit: Also, I think Fulrik has moved out of Squad Mode range (I THINK) - so he may be in Solo Mode.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

IC: Fulrik watches Sam stumble backward, the devastating wound to his face having taken its toll. He drops his pistol to the ground; both of his hands now free. He pulls the Fyrie Wyrm off of its place, mag-locked to the missile ammo-pack on his back and takes aim at the Alpha Legionnaire who fired on Greeth. "Burn in a traitor's Hell!" With a word, the mechanical arm loads a Krak missile into the tube and he takes aim and fires, the missile flying out of the tube at rapid speeds. The Krak would focus all of its destructive power into one singular target... Samael would have to pay for his sins the old-fashioned way - the Fenrisian way.

OOC: Drop pistol (free), Pull soundstrike (free), +10 aim (half), fire (half); BS 55 +10(red dot) +10(distance) +10(aim) <85. Rolling.

Edit: Rolled 7 (leg hit?), for 8 DoS (I doubt he could dodge that even on a natty 1); Damage 3d10+12, pen 8

Edit: Weak damage, I seriously thought that was going to pulp him into more chunks. That is either Alpha A or B, I don't know which one fired on Greeth exactly.

Attack vs. Alpha B <85
I rolled 1d100, the result is 7 = 7.
Krak Missile
I rolled 3d10+12, the result is 2, 3, 6, 12 = 23.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alpha A fired on Greeth, so if you wanted that one, then I will assign it to him.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

That's the one then.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Sorry I'm late, been busy. Will post tomorrow, I need to come up with a sufficient segue into the call for stewing their guts and eating it from bowls made from their skulls and all that fun stuff :P

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

IC:
Bertram's eyes narrowed at the uncanny ability of the Traitor to dodge, avoiding the fate of his companion. Still, even a caress of his power was damaging, and the Alpha's luck couldn't hold out forever. Uttering an oath of vengeance he let forth another bolt of warp energy.

Half-push smite 6 meter radius
dmg 42 E pen 6 body

Reaction: dodge-fail

Push smite vs 80
I rolled 1d100, the result is 54 = 54.
Smite dmg
I rolled 1d10, the result is 7 = 7.
dodge vs 70
I rolled 1d100, the result is 80 = 80.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

Nikello
Nikello's picture

OOC: Revving up jump pack to assist in any dodge attempts (if that's permissible). Reaction: Dodge. 

IC: Mac rises to his feet, holding his hand-flamer in his good hand. Loud enough for all to hear, he proclaims, "We offer these degenerates to you, Lord of all Heaven, in sacrifice. We shall bring them low. We shall trample them into the dust and scatter their ashes to the barren places where corn will not grow. For your greater glory, we serve." His voice has become a roar, his amplifiers to full, "We shall cut the strings of their legs, in your name. We shall tear the helmets from their heads and leave their scalps bare, in your name. We shall break their fingers and expose their loins, in your name. We shall tear out the fruit of their breasts for the great fire, in your name."

His booming oratory has evolved into full-blown fanatical fervor, and he seems to quiver as he bellows out, "All the heavens and hells shall see the humiliation of your enemies laid bare as we bring them to their knees and bind them! They will be rendered to nothing, and all the cosmos shall watch as we sup the stew of their seed from the bowls of their skulls! In Your Name!"

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Mac is hard as hell.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Nikello wrote:
They will be rendered to nothing, and all the cosmos shall watch as we sup the stew of their seed from the bowls of their skulls! In Your Name!"

Maybe just some chicken noodle soup for me, thanks.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

NO SOUP FOR YOU!

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Looks like we got actions from everyone, so I will post the actions of the Inquisitor and the other Alphas tomorrow and, time permitting, update the IC at some point.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I can take rolls for you Syl depending on how far we get.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright well to finish up the combat I need to get on my actions.

Inquisitor will move over to Kal'Vek and begin to try and seal some of his wounds. She will roll once even though she already has it passed without the need to. It will be Fettered, so no chance for psychic phenom.

Psy Rating 6 + WP Bonus 12 = 18 + 3 = 21. That exceeds the overbleed twice so she can heal him for quite a bit, although I am still ruling that he will remain unconscious for the time being. No matter what is rolled I think I will rule that she can't heal nearly as much as she would normally be able to, considering that she is attempting this on an Astartes. Instead of her full WP bonus, she will only be able to use a 1/3 of it (or 4).

1d10+4 x 3 = 30 wounds

I am ruling that this will take Kal'vek back to around 5 wounds due to the severity of his injuries. She was able to mend quite a bit and staunch any wounds that remained harmful. Kal'vek is still unconscious, but he is feeling quite a bit better.

Seal Wounds Roll
I rolled 1d10, the result is 3 = 3.
Healing rolls
I rolled 1d10+4, the result is 8, 4 = 12.
I rolled 1d10+4, the result is 3, 4 = 7.
I rolled 1d10+4, the result is 7, 4 = 11.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alright so Alpha B who goes right after the Inquisitor, will fire on the incoming Greeth, since he believes that he poses the threat at the moment.

BS 45 + 10 (Short Range) + 10 (Semi-Auto) = <65 = FAIL

Alpha A has taken 15 wounds from Fulrik's Soundstrike attack, but he is still capable. He will also take a nice shot at Greeth. Scratch that, he will not. He will fire at Fulrik. Forgot that Greeth went before him and plus he wouldn't fire into the melee trusting in his brothers to be okay. That and he is mad at Fulrik now.

BS 45 + 10 (Short Range) + 10 (Semi-Auto) = <65

Edit: Need a dodge roll for Fulrik.

Alpha B attack
I rolled 1d100, the result is 72 = 72.
Alpha A attack roll
I rolled 1d100, the result is 12 = 12.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Dodge roll for half damage for the one who will survive the attack. The one with his foot on fire will just die.

Dodge <50

Edit: Fail. So he takes 30 wounds from that attack. That will bring him to dead. Energy hit to the body.

Effect: The target is completely encased in fire, melting his skin and popping his eyes like superheated eggs. He falls to the ground a blackened corpse. And then: if the target is carrying any ammunition, there is a 50% chance it explodes. Unless they can make a successful Dodge Test, all creatures within 1d5 metres take 1d10+5 Explosive Damage. If the target carried any grenades or missiles, one round after the Damage was dealt they detonate where the target’s body lies with the
normal effects.

Greeth, since they both just died, you might want to change your action up a bit. I could have you charging Alpha A before he fires on Fulrik, thus eliminating that shot and he will engage you in melee. Or you could go after Alpha B who is unhurt as of right now. Your choice. Or you can charge the blackened corpse, that works too.

Alpha D
I rolled 1d100, the result is 57 = 57.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Those Alpha, always changing targets at the last second. The first two shots will be hitting the cover, no?

Rolling.

Not quite.

Ag <40
I rolled 1d100, the result is 98 = 98.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

He might not even get the chance to fire now, if Greeth changes his action. Cause Bertram just fried Greeth's target to death. Both of them actually. The shot might never happen depending on what Greeth wants to do. He can attack Alpha A (the one who shot at you) or Alpha B (the unwounded one).

Also if the shot goes off and Greeth attacks Alpha B instead, it was an arm hit, so if he does fire at you, it will hit Arm, Arm, Body (50% chance), assuming you were at the same covering spot as before.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

So as of right now I need a new action from Greeth.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

It is glorious to die in the service of the All Father. If that is his will, that is his will.

Also, fate points.

Bring that shit on.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

We shall see. I am pretty sure Greeth would technically be more mad at the one who shot him and would like to rend his flesh a bit.

Just a bit.

And you guys ain't gonna die. The Emperor is on your side. Should Greeth attack Alpha B instead of Alpha A, you will be getting a re-roll on your dodge. The Emperor Protects and he hears his Eagle Knight's prayer.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Mexicans, am I right?

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

IC is up to Greeth, but from a totally OOC point of view, attack the already injured traitor first. Not only will this prevent him from firing on me (yay), it will even the odds a lot faster since he is more likely to die first.

It is like DDMW said all those years ago, "tag team bitches. Tag team them hard and fast and let their brothers and sisters watch."

Nikello
Nikello's picture

We need them alive! I was gonna do a thing!

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

We still have one uninjured bastard to worry about!

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Well at least one of them needs to be alive. This shit is gonna be super cool if it works.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Um...depending on how close Sam is to the door, he may be within range of the Smite's wrath...

Also, *cue Halo narrator* Double Kill.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Bertram is about to fuck up. I will say that again.

Bertram is about to fuck up.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

The Emperor wants them alive for what Mac and Greeth are gonna do with them.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

...Touch tips?

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Just saying...
Sam could always be GM'd to falling just out of range for story purposes. Besides, Bertram was more worried about them getting the door open, so stopping that was his main concern.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I feel a good old fashioned tickling match coming on.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

SHHHHH! It's supposed to be a surprise!

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Nah he fell out of range...

Didn't just make that up at all...

Nope...

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Samael must live for the epic climax!

(giggity)

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Remember that one time in Seoul where you and I had that epic climax?

... and the women were totemo jealous.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

TOTEMO BRO

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Just waiting on a confirmed action from Greeth. Since he might want to update it.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

mruozu wrote:

Samael must live for the epic climax!

(giggity)

Great, things are about to go Asdrubael Vector in here.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Okay cool cool. Sorry boys been a bit busy this weekend. I will try to have something up for you guys to read tomorrow and then we can continue the battle. I mean as it stands, you will probably have just Samael and one CSM left to deal with.

Pages