Chapter 1: Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost (OOC)

1364 posts / 0 new
Last post
mruozu
mruozu's picture

Sounds like how he would be at this particular moment. Tracking wise is mainly to see if anyone or thing has come through here in the past few hours. Fulrik can see lots of fine details and knows a good amount about the area now and I will send a PM to those who pass as to what they see or hear.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Awareness 89 +/- applicable mods

Sorry, I was at a larp. Was one of 3 people actually trying to solve the murder.

I rolled 1d100, the result is 25 = 25.
deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Perception 51 (includes penalty)
Tracking 41

I rolled 1d100, the result is 27 = 27.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 62 = 62.
ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

awareness vs 64/ track vs 45

Would have been on the nose w/ the awareness if it wasn't for the (-10)

awareness vs 64/ track vs 45
I rolled 1d100, the result is 74 = 74.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 3 = 3.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty, looks like we got everyone in. Will send the relevant details when I get some time today to those who passed the tests and what not.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Just posting to ensure that everyone knows this forum isn't dead. I imagine mrouzo is being kept from us by pressing business, and that he will post soon.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

The business of eel sex and constantly having to censor our peni is daunting, indeed.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

This is an odd place, my friend. Apparently there is no problem showing a chick getting pissed and shat on as long as the organs doing said pissing and shitting are censored. I must admit, the first time I shit and pissed all over a small Japanese lady was very weird because of the censoring.

An odd place.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Yeah sorry boys. Work started back up and they have been doing stupid meetings in Japanese where they make me go and I sit there and basically fall asleep. That and opening ceremony, which I am very glad I never had to go through as a student. Sending messages to people now about what they heard. Then the IC is open.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Dog, fix your fucking Gchat.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

They are killing me at work. I have tried just about every option to get past it and nothing is working. Fuckers.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

I read that when advertising men's underwear and bras, they rarely use Japanese models.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Very true. They use foreigners in a lot of commercials and as models. They idolize foreign things and people to some degree as well. I mean they have an entire alphabet dedicated to foreign words.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

PM sent to relevant people. IC is open for you guys to figure out what to do next.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Depending on your browser, there should be a link that says "messages" on either the bottom right or top right of your webpage.

I sent "Welcome to the Archive" nudes to everyone weeks ago.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Got em. Loved em.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Okay boys, I'd like some Silent Move checks from everyone who will attempt to go silently. Otherwise, I will test awareness regularly for whatever lays below and see if they notice you.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Oh right, I think you may have failed the Awareness test Syl.

ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Silent move vs 70

Silent move vs 70
I rolled 1d100, the result is 55 = 55.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Silent Moves vs 50

I rolled 1d100, the result is 75 = 75.
ygnar_1
ygnar_1's picture

Don't forget your armour over 7 AP gives a (-30) to silent move tests. The Raven Guard can get a talent to negate that.

Bertram
Raven Guard Librarian

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Ag 55

I rolled 1d100, the result is 71 = 71.
Nikello
Nikello's picture

FUCK

Quiet, Yngar.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Yeah, I would imagine there is a hell of a racket around here. Seeing as we had to strain our awareness to hear what was happening in the mine - and the fact that what is happening is a bunch of assholes cutting into metal, I would say we get some bonus to our silent approach.

Silent Move AG 40-20(power armor; im pretty sure the armor for being in power armor is -20 only, per CRB. Ill find the page number later, but its in the section outlining power armor)

<20 +/-

Silent move
I rolled 1d100, the result is 6 = 6.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

HAHAHA! Fulrik the fucking Wolf is on the hunt. Cannot touch this.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Alrighty, yes their awareness will also take a hit. Higher than all of you. I'll roll for the Inquisitor. Looks like we have Bertram and Fulrik being quiet so far.

Also, Nikello, while it sounds like a good idea, in my mind the caverns as I put it were technically not connected in the way that I think you are thinking. The enemy is on a platform area, in front of a giant door. To either side of them would, per your information, be the path leading up and the path leading down. It's more of a circular spiraling path that leads further and further down. Unless you were able to jump down, without being noticed by them, there isn't really a way to pincer them. At least not without them noticing.

Inquisitor silent move roll.

Edit: Alright she passed. She is moving quite silently as well.

Rolling.

Inq. Silent Move
I rolled 1d100, the result is 51 = 51.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 22 = 22.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 3 = 3.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 40 = 40.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 63 = 63.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 38 = 38.
drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Bitches be sneakin'.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Awareness tests for all of you. I will roll them just so I can put up my IC post.

Fulrik (<65), Kal'vek (<61), Bertram (<64), Inquisitor Alaunus (<54), Greeth (<58), Mac (<89) in that order.

Edit: Does Fulrik get a re-roll? I can't remember. I will re-roll anyway, but it looks like Bertram, Greeth, and Mac passed the test.

I rolled 1d100, the result is 81 = 81.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 78 = 78.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 55 = 55.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 96 = 96.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 56 = 56.
I rolled 1d100, the result is 88 = 88.
Fulrik Re-roll
I rolled 1d100, the result is 23 = 23.
mruozu
mruozu's picture

IC updated. Giving you guys time to post your own reactions and whatever you might say before the fight.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

You know when Will Smith shoots the cut-out of the kid carrying physics books in Men in Black while everyone else shoots the monsters? I'm feeling that kind of moment.

It's just too neat. Feels like a test.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Seriously. I am still waking up out here in the East. Give me a minute to appropriate the proper response.

I wish Fixxxer was RPing Sam right now for this, goddamnit.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

I suggest Mac immediately activates Squad Mode immediately and orders someone to act as (and activate) Strongpoint. This will allow free called shots and bonuses against targeted enemies. Fulrik is going to advise people not to kill Sam - he wants answers.

The plan should be to take out the obvious Alpha Legionnaires first. Krak grenades might not be enough but if we focus our fire on some of them, we should be able to take it. Hell, Fulrik will even be the strongpoint and use his soundstrike against the legionnaires, but he won't engage Sam with it - be warned.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

As far as it being a test, I wouldn't think so. Mainly due to the fact that they are wearing Legion Armor and sporting Legion horns. Just an observation.

Good tactics, sound tactics. Just be warned that using your soundstrike on any of the legionnaires might blast into Samael at this specific moment. Just a thought. We will wait on others to put in their two cents and then also don't forget IC is open for any thoughts/things you want to say.

=D

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

mruozu wrote:

As far as it being a test, I wouldn't think so. Mainly due to the fact that they are wearing Legion Armor and sporting Legion horns. Just an observation.

Good tactics, sound tactics. Just be warned that using your soundstrike on any of the legionnaires might blast into Samael at this specific moment. Just a thought. We will wait on others to put in their two cents and then also don't forget IC is open for any thoughts/things you want to say.

=D

Ugh, the horns. The fucking stupid ass 1990s drawn on horns. GW needs to get their shit together.

Yeah, I know he would be in the blast radius, but the hope is that the direct blast wont hit him, but that the collateral damage would wound him, perhaps enough to get knocked on his asshole or something.

So, were they just standing there staring at us because someone failed their silent move check - or was it oppossed awareness and Sam is just really aware?

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Good point. We can hope for that outcome.

It was freaking funny and an act of pure luck that out of the awareness tests (which were made at -30 to all Legionnaires), Samael passed his and heard you guys coming. He knew he didn't have time to get to the platform once you were heard, but he knew you would have to pass through it. He rolled a 3 for awareness and then took two of the Chaos Marines with him to have a good firing point on the platform.

Plus Legionnaires are supremely good at Perception (I got the Black Crusade books). I think they start at +10 with their starting package and they get +5 to perception.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

God. Fuck it. Fuck honor. Concussion missile called shot on sam's dick.

Nikello
Nikello's picture

Damn, a lot of shit is happening and I'm not in the best place right now. I was up until 7 this morning reading and writing like 10 different assignments (one of which was a ten-page short story that I had to write with very little notice), and I have only had two hours of sleep. I'll be a little sluggish until probably tonight :P

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

It is all good. DDMW has a good plan that he wants to put into action, but I will wait for him to post it on here.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

My thought. They're bottled up in the mune. Even if they get the item, they need to extract. They can't teleport or send a ship, so they'll have to hoof it. We can set up an ambush at a better location.

I've done worse than kill you. I've hurt you. And I wish to go on...hurting you. I'll leave you like you left me. Buried alive.
-Khan, Star Trek II, The Wrath of Khan

mruozu
mruozu's picture

Up to you guys as to what you do. I much rather like that you guys think about a plan. But do remember that the only people who know anything about the mine are the Inquisitor and the people of Palantine. And she is the only one of those two options around. Her knowledge, however, is limited. She has no idea if there is another way out or if there are connections to the tunnels. Plus you guys are dealing with Alpha Legion. In my eyes, they wouldn't just leave a team down here. That would mean you have to hope that the cruiser above you in space can take care of any extraction forces or is aware of them should they come to light.

They may be bottled up here, but the mine goes much further down. You don't want them getting away, while you set up an ambush at a location they may never come to.

Just putting in my two cents as to things to think about.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Bertram and I have been on the planet long enough to have reviewed the relevant schematics. In fact, failure to do so would be dereliction of duty. If there were other ways out of the mine, bringing the Inquisitor to the mine during the invasion would have been the tactically superior option. The only reason NOT to do so would be if there was no exit - a column of Orks coming in after us could overwhelming us. Ultimately, no exit is the only thing that makes sense in - character.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I'll take that into consideration. Well it's up to you guys as to what you want to do. I wont put my input in right now as I might give away things that could happen.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

sylphilis wrote:

Sorry guys busy day at wprk. Ok I dont think we should just wait it out. They could call reinforcements or get some kinda bogus artefact to bring on a demon or some shot. It just 2 and sam right? I say we just rush in and engage?

There are 5 in total. 2 working the stone door open, and almost done doing so, and the 3 in front of you (which includes Sam).

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Do we have a Line of Sight on the door team? I would assume so since they were described... I think.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

Hahaha... oh man, that would be gold.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

You can hear them, but you don't have a really good line of sight on them. They are mostly in cover behind an alcove where the door sits in front of them.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

HOW CONVENIENT FOR THEM AND THEIR ALCOVE!

mruozu
mruozu's picture

YOU LIKE ALCOVES! I LIKE ALCOVES!

KILL. MURDER. DEATH.

drumandfight
drumandfight's picture

"Alcoves... you use this word? Alcoves?"

"Yes! The bloody alcoves!" - In Bruges

I still think there is merit in the backing away and letting them do their thing plan. I am still trying to figure out an appropriate response for Fulrik. Poor guy's heart is broken. Have you ever seen a heart broken dog (wolf)? IT IS THE SADDEST SHIT IMAGINEABLE.

mruozu
mruozu's picture

I imagine this shit hurts a bunch.

Pages