Chapter 17: A Small-Town Girl (IC)

406 posts / 0 new
Last post
Darker

Alannah glances at Avar's metal armor and considers its conductivity, "Sure, ride on out there and chat it up. If you speak Auran and have a snack for it, you might succeed in reasoning with it. I'll wait here."

HVB

"It's definitely coming this way, Sir Avar, whatever it is. Maybe it didn't see us before, but now it does. Be careful!"

Darker

"Oh, don't worry. Avar is always cautious and careful." The sarcasm in her voice is obvious and Alannah makes no effort to mask it. She turns to Kya and sighs, "But that's a small arrowhawk, likely a young one. Chance that it'll kill him outright are small. But if he's stubborn enough, it's going to try to cook him in his armor."

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

"Just sit there and wait like you always do Alannah," is all Avar offers as he continues moving forward.

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

"Enough," says Chuul. He doesn't take his eyes from the speck in the sky as he speaks. "We either talk to it, kill it or flee." He finally looks to Alannah. "Are any of these options?"

HVB

Kya looks over toward Garren and his arrows. "Ummm, if we're gonna run we should probly do it now while that arrowbird is still too far to catch us. Otherwise we need to stand our ground like Lady Alannah said. Plus, I don't think he knows where Eulan is if we talk." Kya draws a javelin and examines it with a puzzled expression on her face.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

"I can speak to creatures of fire and creatures of earth, but I haven't found an air creature that sticks around long enough to teach me their language." Garren approaches Avar. "If you're going to be a target, I have a ward that will protect you from lightning." Garren places a hand on his holy symbol of Derena and another on Avar's shoulder.

"How close must it get to use it's lightning attack on us. On wing I'm sure it will catch up to us if we run. It won't have to deal with the undulations of the landscape." Garren moves back to his defensive work. "I could fire a warning shot. If I'm trying not to hit, it can be quite far away."

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Avar will pause to receive the spell but otherwise doesn't comment on being a target.

While moving away he offers, "Why don't we let it attack first before we assume it will do so. Certainly your arrows will have the same effect Garren."

HVB

If the party is halting, Kya takes up a position somewhere midway between Alannah and Garren. She clasps the javelin behind her back and watches the sky for any signs of hostility.
"Maybe it'll just fly past," she shrugs.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

The arrowhawk quickly frustrates Kya's hopes, closing the distance between your party and itself with considerable speed. It's losing altitude rapidly, although that still puts it a good hundred feet above the ground.

Garren estimates his range at 245 feet, give or take. Not an impossible shot, but more than far enough to be challenging even to a reasonably skilled marksman like himself.

Given how fast it appears to be able to fly, if this creature plans some mischief toward you, you're probably going to find out very soon.

OOC

Spoiler: Highlight to view


Orange squares indicate light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment (20% miss chance). Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Running and charging are impossible.

Blue 1 - Alannah (mounted)
Blue 2 - Avar (mounted)
Blue 3 - Chuul (mounted)
Blue 4 - Garren
Blue 5 - Kya
Blue 6 - Oskav (mounted)

Black 4 - Celene the Horse

Red - Arrowhawk

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Round One
It strikes Chuul as unlikely that an extraplanar bird-spirit-thing would spot a group of earthbound creatures and immediately start closing distance on them if it were intent on doing something friendly. More worrisome, he is pretty sure that it's flying quite a bit faster than most of the Bastards' horses can carry them. Alannah and Oskav could run if they liked, but he's pretty sure that this arrowhawk creature is faster than Sir Fluffernutter on his best day.

OOC

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Orange squares indicate light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment (20% miss chance). Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Running and charging are impossible.

Initiative
25 - Blue 3 - Chuul (mounted)
23 - Blue 5 - Kya
22 - Blue 1 - Alannah (mounted)
19 - Blue 2 - Avar (mounted)
11 - Blue 6 - Oskav (mounted)

09 - Red - Arrowhawk
02 - Blue 4 - Garren

It is currently Chuul's turn.

Black 4 - Celene the Horse

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

"Dammit." Chuul climbs down from Sir Fluffernutter, taking his massive longbow with him as he does so. He plants his feet in an archer's stance and stares toward the oncoming creature, gauging distance and mentally willing it to just leave. "Do not," he mumbles, almost under his breath.

OOC

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Orange squares indicate light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment (20% miss chance). Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Running and charging are impossible.

Initiative
25 - Blue 3 - Chuul (mounted)
23 - Blue 5 - Kya
22 - Blue 1 - Alannah (mounted)
19 - Blue 2 - Avar (mounted)
11 - Blue 6 - Oskav (mounted)

09 - Red - Arrowhawk
02 - Blue 4 - Garren

It is currently Kya's turn.

Black 4 - Celene the Horse

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Unsure of exactly what to do as she watches the arrowhawk heading right for them, Kya takes a deep breath. Gripping her javelin, she zooms past Avar and takes up a position in the undergrowth ahead of him.

OOC

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Orange squares indicate light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment (20% miss chance). Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Running and charging are impossible.

Initiative
25 - Blue 3 - Chuul (mounted)
23 - Blue 5 - Kya
22 - Blue 1 - Alannah (mounted)
19 - Blue 2 - Avar (mounted)
11 - Blue 6 - Oskav (mounted)

09 - Red - Arrowhawk
02 - Blue 4 - Garren

It is currently Alannah's turn.

Black 4 - Celene the Horse

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Alannah doesn't do anything in immediate response to the arrowhawk's rapid approach, although it's clear that she's just as aware of its presence as the rest of you, since she has decided to wait and see what happens before she commits herself to action. But since she has time, the aristocratic woman takes a few seconds to catalog various instances where Sir Avar has acted in immoderate haste, lacked caution, or proceeded on the basis of imperfect knowledge.

For his part, Sir Avar watches the young woman zip by him and ignores Alannah's tirade. Outwardly, anyway. Avar probably does think, "Shut up, Alannah," but if he does, he doesn't vocalize it. There's really no chance it would do any good. Instead, the paladin continues to ride stoically, simultaneously looking at the creature and Kya.

OOC

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Orange squares indicate light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment (20% miss chance). Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Running and charging are impossible.

Initiative
25 - Blue 3 - Chuul (mounted)
23 - Blue 5 - Kya
19 - Blue 2 - Avar (mounted)
11 - Blue 6 - Oskav (mounted)
09 - Red - Arrowhawk
08 - Blue 1 - Alannah (mounted)
02 - Blue 4 - Garren

It is currently Oskav's turn.

Avar is currently affected by protection from energy (electricity).

Black 4 - Celene the Horse

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Oskav urges his mount south, past Sir Fluffernutter, and casts a spell on Chuul. Alannah's not really paying close attention, but from the verbal components the dwarf utters, she absentmindedly identifies it as a haste spell. She doesn't feel any differently, herself, so she vaguely recognizes that he's decided not to include her in the spell's effect.

Meanwhile, the arrowhawk makes its final approach toward the Bastards, swooping down on Kya at an impressive rate of speed, until its altitude is only about fifteen feet above ground level. A crackling bolt of what looks very much like lightning erupts from tip of the creature's jagged beak and earths itself through the young woman's body, burning her skin and leaving her breathless, her heart thudding unevenly.

OOC

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Orange squares indicate light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment (20% miss chance). Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Running and charging are impossible.

Initiative
25 - Blue 3 - Chuul
23 - Blue 5 - Kya
19 - Blue 2 - Avar (mounted)
11a - Haste countdown
11b - Blue 6 - Oskav (mounted)
09 - Red - Arrowhawk
08 - Blue 1 - Alannah (mounted)
02 - Blue 4 - Garren

It is currently Alannah's turn.

Avar is currently affected by protection from energy (electricity).

Chuul is affected by haste for the next 6 rounds, incrementing on initiative count #11. When making a full attack action, he may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using his full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action. He gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes him lose his Dex bonus to AC also makes him lose dodge bonuses. All of his modes of movement receive an enhancement bonus of 30 feet, up to a maximum of twice the normal speed. This affects his jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Black 3 - Sir Fluffernutter the Horse
Black 4 - Celene the Horse

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Alannah cringes when Kyanite gets fried, showing unwonted empathy for someone else's suffering. In response to the arrowhawk's attack, the bard raises a silvery sphere in one hand and calls out a command word, sending forth a shimmer hammer of force that doesn't quite manage to connect with the monster.

Garren had his bow and arrow ready. He draws it back and releases at the bird now that it has made its intentions unmistakably clear. But like Alannah, the Derenar priest misses his mark.

Round Two
Spurred on by the effects of Oskav's haste spell, Chuul draws and fires his bow three times in rapid succession. The last shot misses, but his first two hit—hard. Hard enough to go straight through the meaty parts of two of the arrowhawk's wings. The creature shrieks in agony.

OOC

Spoiler: Highlight to view

Orange squares indicate light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment (20% miss chance). Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Running and charging are impossible.

Initiative
25 - Blue 3 - Chuul
23 - Blue 5 - Kya
19 - Blue 2 - Avar (mounted)
11a - Haste countdown
11b - Blue 6 - Oskav (mounted)
09 - Red - Arrowhawk
08 - Blue 1 - Alannah (mounted)
02 - Blue 4 - Garren

It is currently Kya's turn.

Avar is currently affected by protection from energy (electricity).

Chuul is affected by haste for the next 6 rounds, incrementing on initiative count #11. When making a full attack action, he may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding. The attack is made using his full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a weapon of speed, nor does it actually grant an extra action. He gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes him lose his Dex bonus to AC also makes him lose dodge bonuses. All of his modes of movement receive an enhancement bonus of 30 feet, up to a maximum of twice the normal speed. This affects his jumping distance as normal for increased speed.

Black 3 - Sir Fluffernutter the Horse
Black 4 - Celene the Horse

Kya has taken 9 points of damage

The arrowhawk has taken 15 points of damage

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Kya takes off running toward the arrowhawk, gathers her legs beneath her, and launches herself into an awe-inspiring leap through the air, at the apex of which she flips upside-down and scissor kicks the unsuspecting creature in the chest, hard enough so that it visibly deforms around her foot. The impact is accompanied by a terrible slapping noise that Oskav can hear all the way back on his horse, about 50 yards away.

Kya lands on her feet, and the arrowhawk thuds to the ground immediately next to her. It's not really clear whether the monster died of being kicked or the fall finished it off. But it's definitely dead.

Victory is yours.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

"That was impressive Kya," Avar offers genuinely.

"If you would like I can use the blessings of Agon to help with any pain or damage from that terrible lightning strike."

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Baldr emerges from his hiding place inside Oskav's beard, streaking out into the air and circling excitedly around Kya. "Holy shit! Did you all see that? She destroyed that thing. Is your foot OK?"

Oskav urges his mount forward and looks extremely impressed. When he gets close enough to speak in conversational tones, he offers, "I concede I did not think to apply my spell to you, young lady, because I assumed an unarmed combatant would be at a disadvantage here. I know better now. Very well done, indeed."

Fixxxer
Fixxxer's picture

Chuul looks to Kya and nods with approval. With a look of disgust, he nudges the thing with his foot, then tries to reclaim his arrows.

HVB

"Thanks, Sir Avar."

Kya brushes herself off as the others head over. "Spell? Ummm...its ok Oskav. Lady Alannah said it's just a baby arrowhawk. Maybe you can apply one on me if its parents show up."
She looks at the bird on the ground and frowns. "I think my foot's ok though."

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

"Lady Alannah", Avar calls while pointing at the downed bird, "I think you're safe to approach the bird now. I guess you will need to wait for the next one to cook me in my armor."

With that the paladin steers Zeelar back to the direction he was traveling and continues to ride.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Garren also returns the unspent arrows to his quiver, ignoring the one that went wide. "Shaft's probably bent," he mutters before adding more loudly, "Not that it looks like I'll need arrows with Kya around. That was most impressive."

Darker

Alannah ignores Avar, but approaches to get a better look at the creature, "I've never seen one in person. Odd looking creature now that its on the ground."

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Oskav rides up next to Alannah. "Indeed. I wonder if it had time to be surprised - its reversal of fortune was... shocking." His laugh at his own joke is as abrupt as it is startling and unpleasant to others' ears.

HVB

Kya smiles at Garren's comment, her cheeks blushing slightly, before turning her attention back to Alannah and the bird.
"Yeah, pretty odd I guess. Definitely not a chimera, his break's too small. You were right!"

She laughs at oskav's joke about 30 minutes later when it clicks

Talanall
Talanall's picture

The rest of the day goes by without much event. You have clear weather, but this morning it's hot out, and the heat builds throughout the day until you're all fairly miserable. Fortunately, at this time of year there's a lot of snowmelt coming down from the mountains that you can just see ahead of you in the far east, and it proves easy to refill your waterskins and keep your mounts hydrated. Chuul and Garren between them have no serious difficulties in this regard, and nobody feels even the early symptoms of heat exhaustion.

Eventually, the woodsmen in your party manage to find a reasonably good campsite, and you pitch camp and set watches.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Morning, 17 Verdil, 973 IR
Somewhere on the Halfling Steppes

You pass an uneventful night in your chosen campsite. The temperature cools somewhat with nightfall, since the sun no longer glares upon you overhead, but it remains stifling until at least midnight, breaking only once the full moon rises to its zenith. From there, the weather cools rapidly until dawn. Fair skies and warm but bearable temperatures greet you as the sun rises and you get ready for your day.

Between the two of them, Chuul and Garren plot a course that takes you farther east-by-north. Your direction of travel has you going up and down slopes a great deal because all of the drainage here breaks west-by-north. You cross at least half a dozen creeks and streams, all of them probably emptying into the Moorwash River fifty or seventy miles back the opposite direction from where you're going.

It's not until shortly after noon that all your travel finally gets you what you're really looking for, as the two woodsmen confer over a trampled swath of grasses and underbrush, examine how it cuts a zig-zag downhill toward a rivulet that probably rages into flood anytime it rains hard, and then note that more trampled plant matter on the other side zig-zags back up the slope and out of this low spot. They finally agree that the trail isn't a herd of horses, but rather a train of wagons or carts that went back and forth to ease the going because the slopes were too steep for good control on a straight path.

The question then is whether the trail is heading generally north-by-east, or south-by-west. Since the goblinoid invaders are supposedly thickest to the north, you finally decide to go south. If these tracks were left by noncombatants, then it's pretty unlikely that they were going toward danger.

It's almost time to start looking for a camp for yourselves when you crest a ridge, and the trail widens out into a circle of trampled grass. There's a charred spot where a good-sized fire appears to have been lit. It's not far from a half-ruined stone wall, which encloses what looks like it might be a covered well.

Examination of the charred area shows that it's been used as a fire pit. The ashes are cold, but still loose and powdery. Chuul and Garren immediately decide that they're older than a day, but newer than however long it's been since the last rain here. A look at the well shows that it's in good shape—unlike the stones of the wall, the well's inside is still tightly fitted. And the wooden cover isn't exactly new, but it's clearly been maintained. There's no bucket or rope, but plenty of foot traffic between the general area of the fire pit and the well has worn a faint trail into the ground.

Someone has camped here, recently. Probably a good-sized group, and for several days.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

HVB

Kya ventures toward the well with hopes of replenishing her water supply and getting some for the horses too.
"Are we gonna camp here? Hey! I bet some goblins might wander through tonight, Sir Avar!"

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Avar's head angles slightly to the the right, his lips press together, and offers "Maybe."

Looking around the paladin offers, "I think we should keep going."

Darker

Alannah turns to Garren, "Garren, could you take out the mirror that you purchased? Regardless of whether or not we're stopping here for the night, I'd like to try something that could simplify things for us and make it easier to find our quarry."

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

Garren produces the mirror for Alannah to use as a scrying surface.

Darker

"Thank you, Garren," Alannah smiles at the priest. Alannah hops down off her mound and akwardly takes the mirror over to the well. She props it up against the base of the well to position it upright so that she can view herself clearly in the mirrow. She's distracted for a second as she frowns at her roadworn appearance but after moment she begins to chant an arcane verse in sing-song.

HVB

"Wow, neat! Do you have her whole bedroom in there, Moonguard Baur?" Kya's gnomish curiosity gets the better of her as she tries to check out the workings of the bag and sneak peeks into the mirror while Alannah casts.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

"You're welcome to take a look around. If there's anything you think will be helpful, you might as well know where it is."

HVB

Kya takes the bag from Garren, pulling things out, sizing them up, and putting them back in. She tries putting her arm in as far as it will go to find the bottom of the bag and even considers sticking her head in before thinking better of it. "Hmmm...how much bread would fit in here?"she ponders.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

"Quite a bit, but I don't think it would stay any fresher than it would out here."

HVB

Kya smiles. "We should make a bag like this that keeps a ton of bread and steak and stuff fresh. Adventurers from all over the place could use one so we don't have to eat gross iron rations all the time." She closes up the bag and weighs it in her hands as she watches Alannah and the mirror.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Alannah's chanting goes on at some length—a whole hour, in fact. At the end of her hard work, she is rewarded with a good look at herself in the mirror.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Darker

Alannah sighs before turning from the mirror, "Not an ideal result, but now I know at least that Eulan is alive and well enough to resist my scrying. Our trek won't be in vain as long as he stays alive. I can try again tomorrow if we haven't caught up with them."

HVB

"That's a great spell Lady Alannah, maybe one time you can check if Master Kenro is alive and well." Kya stops in front of the mirror and looks at her own reflection. "I'll put this back in the bag for you so you guys can figure out if we camp here or not." She looks eager to have another reason to use the magical bag.

Darker

"Not so great. If he hadn't resist it, we would have been able to see Eulan in the mirror. And after seeing him, I would have been able to tell you in what direction he was as well."

HVB

"Hmmm, I guess he thought you were trying to hurt him. We'll find him though. Tomorrow it will work."

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

"Strictly speaking, Lady Alannah, our quest need not be in vain even if he does die." Oskav seems gladdened by this, or maybe he's just invigorated after the party took an hour-long break for the bard to admire her reflection.

Darker

Alannah pauses to consider that for a second, "I suppose that's true. However, it would be likely to become more difficult."

Darker

Alannah sighs again, then pulls herself up into her saddle. "I suppose there's no point in dwelling here."

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Early Evening, 17 Verdil, 973 IR
Megaliths on the Halfling Steppes

Since Alannah's attempt at setting up a shortcut to Eulan Barnstead's location has failed, you decide to keep going for at least a bit longer before you stop to camp. An hour later, the horses are visibly tiring. And you want some supper, anyway. It may be time to find a place to camp.

The death knell for your continued travel rings its deepest and fullest when, riding down the gentle slope of a valley that harbors yet another seasonal creek, you spy a circle of megaliths standing atop the next ridge. Alannah has heard of these strange ruins, but never seen one in person. There are literally dozens of conflicting theories about who erected the standing stones, and why, and how.

OOC

Spoiler: Highlight to view


Orange squares represent light undergrowth. A space covered with light undergrowth costs 2 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment (20% miss chance). Undergrowth increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 2 because the leaves and branches get in the way. Running and charging are impossible.

Dark green squares represent heavy undergrowth. Heavy undergrowth costs 4 squares of movement to move into, and it provides concealment with a 30% miss chance. It increases the DC of Tumble and Move Silently checks by 5. Heavy undergrowth is easy to hide in, granting a +5 circumstance bonus on Hide checks. Running and charging are impossible.

Blue squares represent water, about knee-deep on a Medium creature, which behaves as a shallow bog. If a square is part of a shallow bog, it has deep mud or standing water of about 1 foot in depth. It costs 2 squares of movement to move into a square with a shallow bog, and the DC of Move Silently and Tumble checks in such a square increases by 2. Running and charging are impossible.

Squares containing a brown dot contain ordinary trees. A creature standing in the same square as a tree gains a +2 bonus to Armor Class and a +1 bonus on Reflex saves (these bonuses don’t stack with cover bonuses from other sources). The presence of a tree doesn’t otherwise affect a creature’s fighting space, because it’s assumed that the creature is using the tree to its advantage when it can. The trunk of a typical tree has AC 4, hardness 5, and 150 hp. A DC 15 Climb check is sufficient to climb a tree.

Squares containing a dark gray dot contain small megaliths, which behave as slender pillars. A creature standing in the same square as a slender pillar gains a +2 cover bonus to Armor Class and a +1 cover bonus on Reflex saves (these bonuses don’t stack with cover bonuses from other sources). The presence of a slender pillar does not otherwise affect a creature’s fighting space, because it’s assumed that the creature is using the pillar to its advantage when it can. A typical slender pillar has AC 4, hardness 8, and 250 hit points. A DC 20 Climb check is sufficient to climb a slender pillar.

Squares containing a dark gray dot that fills the entire square contain large megaliths, which behave as wide pillars. These pillars take up an entire square and provide cover to anyone behind them. They have AC 3, hardness 8, and 900 hit points. A DC 20 Climb check is sufficient to climb a wide pillar.

Dark gray lines represent fallen megaliths, which function as low obstacles. A low obstacle provides cover, but only to creatures within 30 feet (6 squares) of it. The attacker can ignore the cover if he’s closer to the obstacle than his target.

Alannah - Blue 1
Avar - Blue 2
Chuul - Blue 3
Garren - Blue 4
Kya - Blue 5
Oskav - Blue 6

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Darker

"Oh, wow," Alannah exclaims as she looks up at the ruins. The view has the bard struck uncharacteristically silent as she gazes at the stone pillars and takes in the sight.

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Oskav sits up in his saddle, his curiosity piqued. "Hruth's Gaze," he remarks, turning to the bard. "Lady Alannah, did you know these were here? I confess that I could not have cared less about bone trinkets and halfling warlords; but if you had led with this, I would have argued tooth and nail to come this way."

Darker

"I knew they were here, but not here. This is one of several, but I did not know we'd stumble upon it." Alannah comments, her awe and interest completely removing any hint of contempt that might normally be present in a coversation with the wizard. "Do you want to take a closer look?"

Pages