So...About that sewer - OOC

40 posts / 0 new
Last post
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture
So...About that sewer - OOC

Here we go...

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Enemy init.

I will take initiative from everyone.

I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 12, 3 = 15.
Darker

Swarbrick is fast... sometimes...

Init
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 19, 2 = 21.
Talanall
Talanall's picture

There are times when he can be too fast, though. You know. Prematurely fast.

Initiative
I rolled 1d20, the result is 19 = 19.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

That sounds like someone else's problem, really.

Initiative
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 2, 2 = 4.
MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Initiative

Also, Jeff is incommunicado at the moment. You might want to roll for him.

Initiative (Dex bonus)
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 11, 1 = 12.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Tal, Dookie gets a standard action before the attacking warforged in the surprise round.

No Ones Init
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 19, 1 = 20.
Talanall
Talanall's picture

One step SE from her current position. Punch warforged in the face. Scream shrilly.

I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 19, 2 = 21.
I rolled 1d4+1, the result is 1, 1 = 2.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Talanall
Talanall's picture

For context, Dookie is wearing an alchemical silver spiked gauntlet, so this is not an unarmed strike.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Sorry Tal if it wasn't clear in my text but the grate cannot be passed through or occupied.

The lines drawn are walls. Basically, the enemy Warforged is standing in the tunnel/ stairwell, which the party just exited, flanked by both walls. Wrench is the only PC that can actively engage without hindrance with the Warforged. Swarbrick can attack too, however, the Warforged has hard cover against the Changelings attacks and vice versa.

Talanall
Talanall's picture

No, it was clear. I just missed it somehow.

Dookie will scream loudly about the warforged trying to ambush us from behind, and then delay until at least after the warforged.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Surprise Attack. Plus Initiative.

I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 3, 2 = 5.
I rolled 2d6+1, the result is 2, 1, 1 = 4.
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 18, 1 = 19.
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 6, 1 = 7.
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 4, 4 = 8.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Thanks for your patience. Vicks is up.

Darker

Swarbrick looks unimpressed and swings his rapier at the warforged. After taking the swing, he takes a 5 ft step back to allow No One (or anyone else to move in and get an attack).

Swarbrick comments to No One, "Your turn!"

I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 8, 1 = 9.
I rolled 1d6+1, the result is 2, 1 = 3.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Attack for No One.

Enemy has cover: +4 AC.
I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 11, 3 = 14.
I rolled 1d10+4, the result is 3, 4 = 7.
Talanall
Talanall's picture

Dookie waves her spiky fist at the hostile warforged, and shouts in frustration, "Wrench! Will you please either beat him down or stop cockblocking me?!?"

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Tal is up!

Talanall
Talanall's picture

I am a ninja.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

So...delaying your action or readying and action?

Talanall
Talanall's picture

No, that was by way of being the whole thing. Nobody's injured, and the only valid spaces Dookie can move into are further away from the warforged. Unless another hostile shows up, she can't really do much that's productive.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Okay the round will progress and I will update tonight.

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Attack at Wrench.

Warforged Attack at Wrench
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 3, 2 = 5.
I rolled 1d6+1, the result is 2, 1 = 3.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Wrench is up MI.

MinusInnocence
MinusInnocence's picture

Wrench will make a single slam attack agains the enemy warforged then move to the space in front of Margana to stand between her and the shifter. He will take the AoO for moving out of the NPC's threatened space; cover negates attacks of opportunity, but moving around the corner first won't help because the AoO interrupts his action before he actually leaves the square he started in. Hopefully it just keeps missing.

Slam attack vs enemy warforged
I rolled 1d20+1, the result is 3, 1 = 4.
I rolled 1d4+1, the result is 2, 1 = 3.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag and begin slitting throats." - H.L. Mencken

Talanall
Talanall's picture

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

I supposed the ? at 8 and 7 initiative count are going to do something before Margana has to decide?

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

deadDMwalking wrote:

I supposed the ? at 8 and 7 initiative count are going to do something before Margana has to decide?


Yes.

Also, AoO against Wrench.

I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 7, 2 = 9.
I rolled 1d6+1, the result is 2, 1 = 3.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Sewage!

I rolled 1d12, the result is 6 = 6.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

You're up DDMW.

deadDMwalking
deadDMwalking's picture

If I'm reading the map correctly, the two shifters are next to each other approximately 50' away from my position. The red for the shifter and the red for Margana are too similar for me to distinguish, so if I'm mistaken, please let me know. Assuming that my read is correct:

Margana considers the current tactical situation like a puzzle, immediately dismissing any attempt to move closer to the warforged. Instead she focuses on the two shifters standing next to each other. Considering they were alive rather than animated like a warforged, they would be vulnerable to her prepared sleep spell - in fact, she might be able to get them both. Almost inaudibly she sings the words of an ancient lullaby while casting a pinch of sand in the air in their general direction.

Will Negates DC 14 sleep

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Lets see how this goes....

Swarbrick is up.

Save vs. Sleep
I rolled 1d20, the result is 8 = 8.
I rolled 1d20, the result is 18 = 18.
Darker

Swarbrick flips a dagger into his free hand and flings it at the Razorclaw Shifter. He keeps his rapier handy to swing menacingly around at the approaching shifters.

I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 15, 3 = 18.
I rolled 1d4+2, the result is 2, 2 = 4.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Are you sure you want to throw the dagger? There is a range penalty on the throw. Looks like a -6 or -7 if I got it right.

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Edit...looks like a -4 to hit. I think I have that right. The shifter is 45 ft. away. If I have that wrong let me know. A -4 penalty will hit though.

Darker

Yeah, I'll still throw it.

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

No One Attack.

Tal is up.

I rolled 1d20+3, the result is 7, 3 = 10.
I rolled 1d10+4, the result is 5, 4 = 9.
Talanall
Talanall's picture

"Strictly speaking, Wunnie," Dookie replies conversationally, as she steps into the space No One just vacated, "I would have to have a cock for you to literally cockblock me. Which I don't, other than a prosthetic." She slams her spiked gauntlet at the enemy warforged, before concluding, "But I've left Lara in my rooms upstairs, and anyway I was being figurative. What I meant was that I badly wanted to punch at this warforged, and Wrench was in my way."

I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 3, 2 = 5.
I rolled 1d4+1, the result is 4, 1 = 5.

Wæs se grimma gæst Grendel haten,
mære mearcstapa, se þe moras heold

Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Shifter v. Swar with dagger.

Charge
I rolled 1d20+4, the result is 1, 4 = 5.
I rolled 1d4, the result is 1 = 1.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Rogue Warforged attack v. Dookie

Dookie has Cover - +4 AC
I rolled 1d20+2, the result is 9, 2 = 11.
I rolled 1d6+1, the result is 5, 1 = 6.
Board Rider
Board Rider's picture

Wrench is up.